Jim, did you see who Rose just hired?

Forget the hype-let’s wait and see for real what happens. In all honesty I expect BYU to be about like they were last year and when Miika and Daystrup get back you will see a challenge to Gonzaga. What part of Idaho KC? All this talk about dishonest people and such-well you find that anywhere, but with the explosion of business and such in Utah-well it’s not lke the good old days when Pizza Hut was the primary eating establishment on Center Street-lots of opportunity for scams like a lot of other places. You can’t really watch the NCAA playoffs and say that BYU doesn’t suffer from the “Honor Code” syndrome and the same applies to football as well. It’s a little like playing 4 on 5-definite disadvantage, but the alternative may not be what you want either, so choose, you probably can’t have it both ways. Edwards had problems too, but with social media the way it is-it’s harder to fly under the radar. I don’t have any problems with recruiting out of Utah-lots of good basketball players. The fact is, though, BYU used to recruit foreign ballplayers more than they do today and especially centers and power forwards and unfortunately that is where their weaknesses have shown up lately, but that is about to change. Lewis is a good hire. It’s good to expect to win and have a habit of winning games, hopefully is carries on. One thing I’ve noticed, at least in football, there isn’t the hype like previous years-it’s probably more a wait and see attitude. Same should be true for basketball-optomistic but not drunk on blue kool-aid!

I think BYU will have a very good basketball year. The closer the season gets, the better it looks. The only negative so far is the slight injury to Emery. If Hamson turns out to be a legitimate post player, it could be a year to remember.

Maybe, but with a lot of new players-I’ll take a wait and see approach but 2016-17 should be really good

hamson is a project at best. I expect to see him redshirt and hopefully he will get some time by his Junior year.