New BYU Greatest Quarterbacks Book on Amazon

BYU’s Greatest Quarterbacks

Which QB between 1960-2020 has had the greatest tenure at BYU?

Enjoyable and detailed.

Objective and fair.

Cougar fans will enjoy it.

Detmer won the Heisman
Bosco won the National Championship
Steve Young best post BYU in NFL
Zac Wilson future best in NFL

You left out the best of the best: Jim McMahon.

1 Like

Can’t really say that. He lost some games he shouldn’t have against weak teams like New Mexico. And, compared to Young, his NFL career was short and less productive. I love the comeback he did in the 1980 Holiday Bowl. I was there :slight_smile:

Zac Wilson is the highest QB draft pick in BYU history. Just glad we don’t have a Napoleon Dynamite thing going on here.

My top 3 would be
Jimmy Mac-1st to win a super bowl and sticking it to Pete Rozell, Put BYU on the map
Steve Young
Ty Detmer

Thirty years ago, Bears-Packers featured the dirtiest hit in NFL history | FOX Sports

1 Jim McMahon
2 Steve Young
3 Ty Detmer

I was at the Y between 1979 to 1985 and I would have chose Jim McMahon Steve young Mark Wilson and Robbie Bosco. I remember reading what Lavell Edwards said that he would never play freshman quarterback. Ty Detmer started his freshman year and lost miserable to Wyoming and then he ran away winning the Heisman trophy. I was not impressed with Zach Wilson during his first two years when he was making those boneheaded pick sixes.

Detmer won the Heisman
Bosco won the National Championship
Steve Young best post BYU in NFL
Zac Wilson future best in NFL

Steve young also won Superbowls.

Read the book…the author is objective about who had the best BYU career

the author focuses on BYU career…not NFL potential or placement in draft

QB’s, Basketball players in college and NFL are defined by career championships. Bosco led BYU to a National Championship. McMahon did not. That’s why I put him ahead of McMahon.

We all witnessed a miracle with Zac…rarely does a player grow into a top 10 draft pick after so-so years. I too was waiting for Zac to fold when the pressure was on. He was a different player his last BYU season.

gotcha. Max Hall, I think has won more games then any BYU QB.

I still think Jimmy Mac is #1. He got the ball rolling.

Marc Wilson and Gifford Neilsen got the ball rolling before Jimmy Mac.

1 Like