Nice F bomb coach

Yup, he was trying to find anything to get them going, and it almost worked. They got it to 2 pts, just couldn’t finish against a talented Zags team. Sometimes the better team just wins.

disagree with your take on not having the bigs to defend them.

Why?

Because those same “bigs” did just fine on GU’s home floor. If Few knew he could win by going inside over and over, why didn’t he do it in Spokane? and keep that home court winning streak going?

I don’t need to answer those questions because Tom Larimer already did.

For Floyd and KC, some of what you said is true. Unfortunately the real reason it went the way it did was described in detail by Tom. You guys need to recognize and understand that in order to be completely educated on the subject. Once you do that, it makes things a lot easier to understand.

Sometimes people laugh because they don’t understand or they are uncomfortable with their understanding of something. Which one is it in this case?

While your comments are partially accurate, you really do miss the mark.

The officiating was not necessarily “bad” as much as it was “heavily weighed in Gonzaga’s favor”. Likewise, the WCC doesn’t have it out for BYU as much as they have it in for Gonzaga. I don’t know if you understand the difference because Tom already explained this and I am assuming you read his post.

You made 7 numbered comments and I can clarify each one of them in an effort to help enlighten you a little on this sport that you admittedly don’t pay as much attention to.

1. The game last week was not a wake up call. It was the league trying to maximize their $$$ take come ncaa tourney time.
  2. So what? the payback angle is fun to talk about but not relevant.
  3. BYU had one inside presence a week ago in Spokane. So he had a chance to defend last week but not at the tournament? Which one is it?
  4. BYU had those same two players last week as well. Sorry Floyd, GU is not super talented like you say they are. Let’s see how they do in the ncaa tourney… not that impressive lately.
  5. It isn’t a matter of the occasional crappy call. It is a pattern that systematically changes momentum. You saw it start at about the 16 minute mark of the second half and by the time it got to the 11 minute mark and the Rose technical it was over.
  6. And your point is what?.. he wasn’t “working the officials” he was angry because he saw what was happening and he knew there was nothing he could do about it.
  7. Motivating the kids? what makes you think that? and if so, how did it work out? I call BS on that take. He was angry about what he saw happening over that 5 minute stretch when the game completely changed. How many points did GU win by? How many free throws did they shoot?

Watch the game, check the stats and pay close attention to how and why the game changed after BYU drew to within 2 points. If you can understand that, you will be able to comprehend the truth about what Tom said.

During replay (xbox, no cable service) 2nd half when we got down to 2 points things got bad and seeing Dave Rose got the T’s, I fast forward to the end. Enough and no fun.

I don’t see how those rec wcc refs allow those Zag bigs plowing in the paint. Sure I don’t see well but I can count 3 seconds when they are in the box. As I mentioned above I have a hard time believing refs calling aginst BYU all the way through.

This wcc we all knew a long time ago is a JOKE! Dave Rose said some two years ago that wcc is perfect fit for us. I WANT OUT! I like to see BYU going back to mwc except FOOTBALL! But Craig Thompson may have a sign at his office door “BYU Not Allow”

Zags are the Darling in this league. It would be best for Zags to move on if all Catholic form their own league. I don’t care!

two things that spelled doom for BYU in the game…Bell has killed Haws with his stifling defense and Haws gets two early calls and has to sit.

second, Kuafusi getting two early calls and leaving the center to guys who can’t defend the magical mystical Karnouski. Sitting your most important scorer and defender against the #7 team in all the land will get you a loss any way you filete it.

Proud of Rose for his emotion and if the F bomb rolled out (I rewound the Cable 10 times to see if I could tell) all I can say is he is not alone. I grew up Ranching and that is a motivational word for “giddy up there, lil doggy”

Another relevant thread from a year ago. I keep finding these gems and feel compelled to post and make them new again.

Is it time for another F-bomb from Rose? I don’t know if there was ever a consensus as to it happening or not last year but I had forgotten about what brought it on and it was fun reading about it. Yeah, maybe BYU beat Gonzaga at the kennel for the second year in a row but it was strong play on both ends by the Cougars and some objectively fair (in general) officiating that got them the 1 POINT WIN. That is the only way it can happen… so don’t be surprised if Gonzaga gets a lot of calls and favoritism when they visit the Cougars this season and EXPECT it in the wcc tournament that ultimately determines the ncaa invite.

We all know it’s coming… the marquee team of the wcc will be going to the ncaa tourney, ready or not.