Now that Covid is basically the flu

I think I figured out what she based her comments on, I think she misread this little section found on the CDC website when it comes to children.

“Unadjusted age-specific cumulative and weekly COVID-19–associated hospitalization rates (hospitalizations per 100,000 children and adolescents residing in the catchment area) during March 1, 2020–August 14, 2021, were calculated by dividing the total number of hospitalized patients by the National Center for Health Statistics’ population estimates within each age group for the counties included in the surveillance catchment area.*** Among adolescents, who are currently eligible for vaccination”

That is why I stress that we read carefully, speak accurately… The Justice must have misread or understood what was being told her.

I’m glad you aren’t defending her stupid comment. The CDC director said she was wrong meaning she was saying 100,000 children that are in the hospitals. And Bryer saying 750 million people have Covid19. Liberal SCOTUS are pathetically political and stupid. Don’t support that nonsense.

Not defending anyone… Just stating facts from sources that is not politicized.

Yet the number I pulled was from the CDC website itself.

Many liberals are saying the same thing for the conservative judges.

Matter of perspective.

The CDC director was on Brett Baer’s program yesterday and said 5,000. But, the CDC says 3,500 children. That’s a far cry from 100,000 fearmongering nonsense. And, the other knucklehead Byar said there were 750 million people with Covid19. They are sounding more and more like Joe Biden. Anyways, she deserves every discredit she gets for this blunder.

The basic truth is that Covid is a virus of the old, not young and when we are 3 years into this pandemic, the real destruction is that children are not getting adequate education, nobody really takes responsibility when taught at home.

Here is a heart breaker, just talked to a old mission buddy, he had a special needs child, when Covid hit, all the programs to take SN children shut down, in lock down, he said that she just withered away. I have the same stories about old people being left alone and just giving up.

Covid is now just the flu, treat it that way.

There is strong evidence that it will be full blown by Feb and everyone will have been exposed. so no matter what the CDC advises, herd immunity will be the end result.

Lost my sense taste last night.

Eat some fish and you’ll taste will come back. :sunglasses:
Good analysis.
We do have the tendency to play at the level of our competition when it comes to offense.

well said…though I doubt that any justice of SCOTUS is doing their own research on the CDC web site. The current SCOTUS is heavy on Catholics, heavy on NYC, and DC.

Sadly gone are the days when presidents made sure the justices at least represented the US geographically.

The NY Times and the WaPo are the daily reading of the SCOTUS justices. Both papers feed their local populaces with the echo-chamber news they want to read. WaPo does a better job covering the none left-wing than NY Times, but neither is remotely even-handed.

You will love this - in Australia, vaccinated hospitalizations have surpassed unvaccinated.
COVID-19 patients in hospital, as if 9 January
Percentage who were unvaccinated 28.8%
Percentage who were double vaccinated 68.9%

The Pfizer CEO said that the two vaccines don’t stop Omicron nor help for keeping people out of the hospital. The booster helps keeping people out of the hospital but not from catching it. They are coming out with a second booster and a therapeutic pill.
Also, I just heard from a doctor that Omicron may be 100% aerosol spread so masks don’t stop it and the virus is just out there and we will all get it like a cold.