"Powerhouse" Harvard Defeats BYU

Oh, okay :-/~ the fans in here crack me up. They can’t even support the team and they are saying players who have the green light to shoot aren’t team players. Too funny…

:open_mouth: and there are some fans that are totally clueless about what is going on. Are you not aware of it? Why do you refuse to acknowledge it? Is it not possible to support the team and acknowledge the problems that are keeping that team from realizing their potential?

Why do you think Harvard beat BYU and then beat Auburn even worse?

Because they play as a team! Nobody is after any personal records. Nobody is looking for the glory of the highest scoring game in the tournament or another triple double… and the coach for Harvard certainly isn’t interested in seeing any of that. Rose left “selFischer” in the game until he had broken the scoring record and 3 point record. Why Scott? why was that the most important thing? It shouldn’t be… with a 25 point lead and 5 minutes to go why not give bench guys some experience? I mean what is BYU playing for?

Once again, your comments lack any understanding of what is going on. Are you really that superficial?

We lost because we missed too many free throws.
You just padded my comments. It was Rose who decided to leave Fischer in. Not Fischer. Did you have this same feelings towards Jimmer when he would score 50 in a game? No. So, why are you on Fischer so much? I don’t see anything that indicates he is selfish. None. He’s doing what the coaches tell him to do.

I was wondering why BYU didn’t empty the bench. And I don’t care that Fischer scored 41–did anyone else notice 3 or 4 absolutely ridiculously off balance, selfish shots he took as he was trying to get to 40? I was literally laughing as I watched.

1 Like

Yes, most of us fans saw it. There is a fan that misses a lot though… and you can tell by reading his posts that while he watches the games, he doesn’t really see what is going on. The funny thing is that this particular fan pretends to know exactly what is going on with comments like “I don’t see anything that indicates he is selfish None” or this gem “He’s doing what the coaches tell him to do”. as if he is in the locker room or at practices… :grinning:

That same fan wants to know why I am on Fischer so much… Isn’t it obvious? The guy is a selfish player, always looking for his first, doesn’t look to get his teammates involved, forces bad shots and in spite of bombing away every game, disappears in the box score far too often. That is what selfish players do. For someone to compare him to Jimmer is ridiculous. When Jimmer wasn’t hitting shots he did other things to make up for it… big difference.

Yeah, I had a conversation with this fan earlier this season where I basically said that the selfish play of Fischer and Collingsworth needed to be addressed. He spent several posts misconstruing my comments and implying that I was an idiot. As the season progresses, I am more convinced that the issue needs to be addressed. We are now playing for an NIT berth unless we convincingly win the conference or win the conference tournament.

1 Like

I too was hoping to see plenty of Chatman, Hartsock and maybe the kid from Eagle, Id. Who gives a s— about a record? It is all about preparing for WCC play.

I though Austin played a good game and what in the world is going on with Kaufusi? This is not the same guy we all saw at the end of the season when he dominated at Gonzaga.

This particular poster (not naming names) has these same interactions with every other poster on here. Heaven forbid should somebody try to analyze a game in depth or try to understand why some players do the things they do or play the game the way they do. It is always “BYU lost because they missed some free throws” or “BYU had too many turnovers” or “BYU missed too many 3 pointers” and never “the team needs to spend more time practicing free throws” or “maybe KC should not be playing PG” or “maybe Fischer should try to contribute in other ways when he is 0-9 on 3 pointers”. Apparently it is not okay to suggest some of the reasons for why those things are happening on such a regular basis or why certain players (along with the support of the coach) seem more interested in personal accomplishments and forget about doing what is needed to win more games.

This kind of stuff happens on every team, even the teams that win titles but when a team isn’t winning, even with great talent, it is okay to try and find the reasons why. If BYU were 12-0 or 10-2 we probably wouldn’t even be having this conversation but they aren’t and so we are. :wink:

I also wanted to commend Aytes for his best game of the year. Bodies bounce off that dude.

After seeing the NM game, boy was I wrong. Pomeroy and Massay had NM at somewhere ranked 40h with BYU at 80 but I think they got there by playing a soft schedule cuss all I saw was a gun happy point guard and guys standing around. I don’t think we can read anything into this last win but we can all see that Harvard had a very impressive win last night over Auburn and it makes me think…What could have been if we had just hit a free throw or had KC take over those last two plays of the game.

Seriously, who draws up a play for a guy (Fischer) who is 0 for 9 and it is a 3 when all we needed was a 2?

Jimmer was capable of doing other things. Although the knock on him was his defense which followed him to the NBA. Also, Jimmer wasn’t off on his shooting very often. We aren’t talking about the same caliber of talent. Fischer isn’t anywhere closely related in athleticism. Fischer is basically a shooter from distance.
As far as whether he was trying to break a record or score 40, his teammates were all for it. They were rooting him on from the bench as well as feeding him the ball on the court to do it. Just like they did for KC and his triple doubles. And Rose was all for it and wanted it to happen. Most fans of BYU wanted it and are happy for the young man. Only jealous has-bens are crying about it. I find it pathetic that people can’t see how the team rallied around Fischer and KC. They became more of teammates, not less.