Prediction: Kalani Sitake will be at BYU for a maximum of 5 years

Are we talking presidents or football coaches? jk

LOL! good one. I made sure to say “president” just so there would be no confusion. :wink:

I have been following all of the pre-season polls, since the start of January. They fluctuate greatly from Jan 1 to February12, but the range is always 7-5 to 9-3 including the CBS (1-128 teams) and the S&I. In fact the 3 polls were (9-3), (7-5). and (8-4) and in that order. The break down comes with 2 win and 4 losses vs P5 teams, and 5 wins and no losses vs G5 teams and 1 win vs no losses vs FCS teams.

With the schedule that we have, (6- P5 teams), I don’t think that we will hear much screaming from the fans, even with a 7-5 schedule.

The teams and the coaches should be cheered with the 9-3 schedule, and still be happy with my prediction of a 8-4 season.

I think we have heard the end of the 15%er’s as all the major complaints from the 15%er’s have been addressed and corrected and now, I really see nothing to complain about.

For those that loved Bronco so much, I do feel that his leaving BYU has been a unifying factor among the fan base and it just may have been one of the best things that he could do for the team weather he realized it or not.

Jim,

Amen, Amen, and A-men to what you just said.

I got so sick and so bored scheduling 6 teams around 100 average or worse including a FCS team each season to guarantee a winning season and a meaningless bowl game.

I say meaningless bowl game because we did not earn the the bowl game on the field, but instead, we programed the outcome to be guaranteed the bowl game each season since becoming an independent.

It was shameful that a University of Faith would lower it’s standards to do such a thing. It made a great resumé for the coach while losing the respect as a University.

I would rather lose a close game, like the one against UCLA by one point, than to have that 70-0 beating down on a losing record FCS team which to me was disgusting.

In fact, I would rather be very competitive, playing very close games, and have a 6-6 season playing 9- P5 teams plus
3 teams from the MWC or the AAC.

It’s like fixing a fight to me, when we program ourselves to guarantee an winning season which has been a disgrace in my opinion every since we became Independent. Oh Yes, I am well aware that for half of our games, have been the best and most exciting in our BYU history. We wrecked it by scheduling the other half as the worse in our BYU history to guarantee us a winning season and a bowl game.

Hey, no more 15% ers. No more discontent. We are now united again as the restored 100%ers.

With our new coaching staff we have new integrity and seriousness about football without all the cute slogans; without all the lecturing to the other coaches in our nation, trying to be the model for all coaches to follow, and without using religion to cover up the fact that he did not like players with more stars than he had, (3), and apparently, with the firing of Ben Cahoon, a hall of fame, Receiver, coaching our receivers, he did not like coaches better than he was either.

This new staff is a great improvement over what we had. No more overlooking great talent in our own state and/or city of Provo. No more emphases on giving team and coaches time off for healing and relaxing and family outings. No more bragging about football being only 5-6 somewhere below Fireside Chats as being important in the theme of things.

The staff we have now is serious about football and i believe that we will see great improvement in all things without
scheduling to get that improvement, but earning it on the field.

So you are fed up with Obama as well?

I believe that the damage he has done to this country will take a long time to repair, if it is evenpossible to repair it…

Been Bitten.

As a QB, for BYU, Brandon Doman was one of my hero’s. He was third string during Edwards last season and with perhaps the toughest schedule that BYU had played up to that time. Brandon was 3rd string. The starter got injured.
That put Brandon up to back up for the new QB. The new QB got injured and that put Brandon up as the new starter.
He excelled. He became our new hero, much like Tanner Mangum took over for injured Hill and Tanner became our new hero.

Brandon reminded us of Steve Young, much like Hill reminds us of Steve Young.

Brandon, continuing in new season under new coach Gary Crowton, helped to bring us to a #5 ranking and almost got us into a BCS Bowl.

Having said all the positives above, Brandon did not come close in coaching experience as Ty Detmer and he came no where near as good of an athlete as our Heisman Trophy Winner, Ty Detmer,

We can not have a postive comparison between Doman and Detmer. I love both of these guys as players. I love Detmer as both a player and a coach.

1. I think we will find that Detmer is a savant. An OC has two primary jobs: 1) design plays that maximize the offensive players’ skills and exploit weaknesses in the D, and 2) be able to call the plays that do those same two things, under extreme pressure and with 5 seconds to think about it. Anae got crushed by the pressure; Detmer will not.
  1. Detmer has had more football savvy than those around him for his entire life. Watch the NFL films video where Detmer’s dad talks about Ty reading a linebacker’s drop without being coached on it, when he was like 10 years old, and throwing a seam route for a TD. NFL films thought that significant enough to draw a parallel between that play and his teaching the offense in GB to a young Brett Favre. And we all know he was one of the last of the player-coaches, when he was both backup QB and QB coach to the young Mike Vick in Atlanta.
  2. I’ll take Ty with any perceived lack of “experience” over another burnout on the coaching merry-go-round any day.
  3. I think you are right about the political and media driven initiative to use low expectations to justify poor performance. ie “I can’t work with congress because they are obstructionists, so when I don’t do my job, it’s not my fault.” Well, Clinton and Reagan both did great with an adverse congress. Reagan loved football and starred as the Gipper, so this comment is vetted as appropriate for the football board.

Jim,

Are you talking about Obama or are you talking about Bronco???