Predictions at West Virginia?

I haven’t asked the guys I know about this, and they probably wouldn’t want to tell me anyway, but my opinion is that Kalani is just as sick of this putrid offense as are the fans, they want to see what they have in Retzlaff, and saying Slovis is hurt is a media play. If Retzlaff is good, they get 4 free games with him without losing eligibility. If he’s bad, they say Slovis is all healed up and he starts again next week.

I’m not trusting much of anything I hear from ARod these days.

Slovis isn’t going to use his injuries an excuse any more than Wilson did. Which he didn’t. But, this explains some of his throws that were off target and weak. As was mentioned on BYUSN today, it’s been since the Arkansas game. I agree. Slovis is still suiting up.

1 Like

I didn’t say Slovis is using his injuries as an excuse. Slovis is a gamer and I have never questioned his effort. I said ARod is using him being “banged up” as a very convenient excuse to see what Retzlaff has in a no-risk situation: if Retzlaff is terrible, they just go back to Slovis and nobody can blame the coach. If Retzlaff is good, coach looks smart.

The bottom line is that Slovis or Retzlaff will NOT do much because the offensive basically sucks.

Retzlaff has a slight advantage because he is mobile. but if the line doesn’t protect and give him enough time to move… GAME OVER!

Left Guard Maile is questionable,
Receivers Roberts, Hill are questionable and Lassiter is a “no go”.
Several defensive lineman are dinged up and not sure who can or can not play.

Your assessment of ARod is spot on, the guy simply can’t do game time adjustments and his play calling is weak.

I remember right after the Texas game a few years ago after Taysom scorched them, the HC for Texas canned his DC the next day.

There is no reason not to do the same thing with ARod, especially since we have several experienced OC on staff (Clark and Fesi).

What’s the matter with Lassiter?

Maybe that’s why change in QB. We need a running QB because no one to throw to except Rex.

24 to 16
Retzlaff will lead the team down the field (mostly with his legs) but can’t convert because they don’t trust him yet. 3 field goals and one touchdown at the end. defense will hold off a run away game. they have some confidence after the goal line stops.

its not hard to guess what our game plan is when it’s either pass run pass or pass pass pass. I know our Oline sucks, but at least try to establish the run. Most defenses aren’t even tired at the end of the games.

Kedon Slovis is a mediocre QB. Besides 2019 his QBR is around 50 and he averages 247ypg.

with the hurt players I think they are poling a Roy Kent. they know we suck and Kalani is to nice of a guy to go after them. so they bail out and stop putting in the effort.

2 Likes

Well, Kansas St. coaching made bizarre calls in overtime. Should have kept running but passes 3 straight downs. 4th down should have been a field goal. Bonehead coaching mistake. BYU style :slight_smile: