Predictions for 2018-19 Basketball

JH: All I can say is wait and see. I agree with your assessment.

I’ll take that bet!! 3rd place and another year of failed expectations. Bring on football!

Playing in the NIT for BYU in basketball is like going to the Las Vegas Bowl when BYU was in the MWC. If BYU can’t play itself out of the NIT and into the NCAA then forget it. I say that Rose has this season to obtain a recleague WCC championship. Otherwise I am throwing my Blue glasses away with Rose at the helf and yet another NIT or missed tournament all together.

I am sort of in the same boat with you. I do like the NIT because it seems more real with less pressure to make a fantastic story out of it. The ncaa tourney is all about creating some fantastic story or drama.

What you say about improvements makes sense but it is something I have heard many times, yet the end result is still basically the same. That is why I expect it to be about the same. We will see.

Too true.

I guess for me the difference is that the turnover on the team is less than it has been since the last NCAA one and done year. Less turnover means that even with the anemic year on year progress there will be year on year progress for the team instead of just for specific players. Yes even specific players rarely improved year on year recently. I chalk that up to hero-ball and Rose’s focus on wins instead of program development.

Maybe now with Few showing the way he will start to focus on program development…yes wishful thinking…

Any word on Wade transfering yet?

Duane Wade? He could help :hugs:

Who’s he?

RM All everything n Utah who went on a mission and then spent his first year coming off the bench at Gonzaga…he has announced he’s transferring and RM transfers stand a better chance of being considered by BYU than at most schools.

Gonzaga has said Jesse Wade would not be allow to play any wcc schools or any state of Washington schools. Just like what Dave Rose said to Payton Dastrup, no other wcc and state of Utah schools. With this new ncaa transfer rule it doesn’t matter.

Student Athletes can go anywhere they want. As per transfer rule they have to redshirt a year and Jesse Wade can go to BYU now. But no word where he will transfer to.

1 Like

“Connor is . . . similar to Collinsworth, but he can really shoot it."
LOL
even high school coaches are claiming BYU recruits/new players can do better than the Mav’s on team off again teammate Kyle Collinsworth.

It would be nice to see a player with KC’s abilities with the toughness to make a difference on the court instead of the inability to carry the team past the edge of the top the way KC did.

I predict another 3rd place and not because they don’t have talent. This is most likely the last year for Childs and it’s going to take time this year for the new freshmen to adjust to college ball, and Emery missing the start of the season doesn’t help. By the time everyone functions together as a team the season is done. Childs leaves the next year and BYU is weak across the front. Time to get a few transfers in for 2 years down the road to strengthen that front line or you have glaring weaknesses inside, which I don’t really see any prospects on the current roster as it now stands

2nd place. Too many veterans on BYU’s roster. Rose won’t have to coach so much with TJ and Emery on the team together.

Hopefully you are right

This team has been run by the same guys for 2 years now. They are bound to have a upper hand. Our go to guy from last year is gone, which will hurt but you have Childs, TJ and Emery, who have all had game winners in tough matches. Seljaas has to have gotten his stuff worked out. Nixon will be far from his mission rust. We Lost Dashsrup……big whoop…we never played him. Cannon and Hardnett are all veterans. Bergerson should have a huge improvement, I think he had mission rust or was a true Fr. You really can’t look at this group and not say that they will be better then last year.

ESPN has them as a top 35 team. just sayin

Wow top 35 would be outstanding. You are right-on paper they look good-now we will see the reality. No excuses for Rose if we mire ourselves in mediocrity-right?

Lotta good predictions right there. I think I said 2nd place as well based on the team leadership now it looks like it can come true