Real Bummer if this happens

This would be real bummer, if the college conference played in conference games only.

I would sue the NCAA for all the lost revenue and future potential recruits lost.

Interesting Predictions for the three in state games for next year (if they have a normal year, that is)

Sobering is the word that I would use. Utah is a 85% favorite. ouch!

BYU ranked 74, I would have BYU ranked twenty spots better just on QB play alone. With BYU beating Houston at home and a 7-5 record. Other then that, this article is a cold shower reality piece.

And while we are on the subject of next year, This just in

No conference, no path to major bowls. We are not Notre Dame.

Which non-P5 conference gives BYU a path into the CFP games or any major bowl game? There is no substitute for being a very good team and that is what will get BYU into good bowl games. Not non P5 conference affiliation.

Thawk,

I totally agree with your positing,

“There is no substitute for being a very good team and that is what will get BYU into good bowl games. Not non P5 conference affiliation.”

We argue, we debate, we take sides, we keep making the same mistakes over and over again when we say, 1.) Stars don’t matter 2.) We develop our low star people into high star people. 3.) Academics are more important 4.) Honor code is more important. 5.) No Sunday play is the problem 6.) Missionary issue 7.) Prejudice
8.) etc.etc. etc.

Yes all 8 issues above are important. Yes, they are all more important than football.
But no, they are not the reasons for our lack of success, and it is shameful to me that we blame our lack of success on the 8 issues above.

We are not the only University that has high standards, and it must seem insulting to those other universities with high standards to hear us put ourselves above all others. It just does not sound very Christian to the others.

All of the excuses above, are just silly excuses. Thawk you are 100% correct. “There is no substitute for being a very good team and that is what will get BYU into good bowl games. Not non P5 conference affiliation.”

If Norte Dame can achieve, with all the prejudice that they experienced before the JFK era when before that, it was believed that a Catholic could never become President, and before Barack Obama, it was believed that no black could ever become President, than now, certainly, one can see that BYU could once again achieve as it did in the 1980’s.

The University and the Church must be committed before this can happen again, as it did in the 1980’s. Until then, we will continue to make excuses, that only we believe, and we will not achieve any more than we now do achieve.

We need a full commitment from those that have the real power to make us great again, or let us dwindle into mediocracy.