Ron's reply to Floyds latest post to Ron

loyd_Edwards
July 10
Ronald_Uharriet:

Floyd:—— Ron, Let me put it in simple terms… I do not give a rat behind what the people in this country thinks about my beliefs.

Ron:——- Thank you for the simplicity Floyd. I think that is very sad Floyd.

Floyd:—— I do not go to church to please the members or any of the 270 million people living in this country.

Ron: ——- That is admirable Floyd. I believe the figure is closer to 300 million people in the USA. I agree with you. It is my opinion that this would be close to a total waste of time.

Floyd:——- What I do care about is how the God I know thinks of me, whether he approves of my beliefs and feelings.

Ron:——- Very good Floyd. I see that as admirable.

Floyd:——I believe whole heartedly in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the man that restored that gospel Joseph Smith.The church in which he founded, although ran by man and their many mistakes…

Ron:———Roy, thank you for sharing your testimony.
When you say that the Church is ran by man and their many mistakes, you have my ear. Your mind is open. I think now we can communicate.

None of us on earth are perfect. Not you. Not me. Not anybody. Man is not God. Only God is perfect.

We are on this earth to do the best we can and to come as close to perfect as we can get, but we all, each and everyone of us falls short.

Forgiveness is given when we truly repent.
To truly repent, we must first be truly sorry, perhaps with a broken heart and a contrite spirit.

Next we must confess that which we did wrong and finally,
we must ask for forgiveness in that same broken heart and contrite spirit, not to the newspapers per say, but to those that we offended.

If we can’t do that, we are guilty of picking and choosing the scriptures that we wish to follow and give rationalizations or show discrepancies for those that we do not wish to follow or of course, we can always say the we believe in the Bible as far as it is translated correctly and those things that we do not wish to follow, of course, must not have been translated properly.

Floyd:——-Ron, you keep saying “Judge Not, Lest you be judged”…
If you believe the Prophet Joseph is a prophet, then maybe this correct translation might help you more:
" Judge not unrighteously, that ye be not judged; but judge righteous judgment."

Ron:—— Yes, I believe this also. Who is the judge as to whom we judge rightously?
I also believe what Jesus Christ said, when he said, “Judge not, lest ye be judged” and leave all judging to God. If one has to be right, and the other wrong, (which I don’t think it has to be), but if so, I would lean more to what the Lord Jesus Christ told us.

Ron. Continued:——One parting message that I believe , (opinion only), applies to more than prayer, but also generally speaking, in all things that we do.

Matthew: 6:5-6

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.