Scouting La Tech on ESPN 2, Friday night

Here is another BYU chance to impress football heads as they are the only game in town Friday night.

Vegas has BYU -22.

LA Tech barely got by Southern Miss 31-30. “Griffin Hebert made a spectacular 4-yard touchdown catch underneath the goal post with 14 seconds left as Louisiana Tech rallied from a 17-point deficit to beat Southern Mississippi 31-30 on Saturday night in a Conference USA opener.”, explains everything. They were lucky to win that game.

La Tech blew up an over matched Houston Baptist team that was overmatched, by a bunch. I watched some of that game and Anthony, the QB, just bombed away with 6 TDs. His favorite receiver is Hardy, also a Senior and a speedster.

So the key for BYU’s D is to neutralize La Tech’s Senior QB, Luke Anthony in the same way that BYU destroyed Troy. If BYU can rush 3, it will be a long night for Anthony.

BYU poses all kinds of problems for L.T., starting with our All American line. We should just line up and ram it down their throats but then BYU also has a Heisman Watch QB, Wilson. and some big fast wideouts.

BYU comes in ranked 15th in the Power Football rankings (ESPN)
La Tech comes in ranked 73.

I will go BYU 42-13 and I am being very generous to La Tech.

They have a Senior QB so BYU has to be prepared. BYU 56 - 21

We have a BYU TE sighting…Rex catches another TD pass. Wheat, the #3 TE also has a TD catch and my new favorite Coug…Wake, a 250 lb ceder hills product and true freshman TE has the play of the day, rumbling stumbling over Bull Dogs. Love it.

I would have liked to see Bushman out there against the better teams that are coming up. But I think the TE have learned quickly because of the teams we have played. A silver lining type thing.