Scouting USU at Logan

All week long I have been reading about how alarming BYU’s defense was in the USF game. That we did not play like a ranked team and how we are going to get smashed with out remaining schedule yada yada…

BYU won and that is that.
What was alarming to all of us were now many players were injured in the USF game. Sitake assures us that none of the injuries are season ending and I read somewhere that most of the players were practicing this week…also that Ellis, our best DB has been practicing and may be available for the USU game…so Chillax everyone.

Yes, I expect USU to be able to score on BYU but I also do not think that USU can defend worth a darn. They have the same athletes they had last year when they had such a dismal year but they have a fantastic new coach that has really changed the culture other there and USU is flying high again.
Utah State report card: Aggies’ issues in red zone, special teams costly - Deseret News

What USU does well:
They have two good QBs that can put up points. Their starter, Bonner, had a dismal 1st haft against BSU. Their other good QB, Peasley, was equally ineffective. Bonner is a scrambler similar to USF’s QB. Peasley is not so much.
USU has a very good RB and adequate receivers.

What USU does not do well:
They are penalty prone, drive killing penalties! I watched the BSU-USU game and BSU could do no wrong while USU threw 3 interceptions and a head scratcher fake punt that just killed any chance of a comeback.

Yes, USU will be ready for BYU but I expect our skill and speed at critical positions win the day as well as our veteran QBs, who just do not make a lot of mistakes, to make this game a solid win.

This topic was automatically closed after 61 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.