SDSU in game comments

#82 is a guy who drops passes most of the time. We have two receivers, Romney and #89. But last night Wilson couldn’t get the passes up to #89.

RU: I don’t think that the BOD’s or the powers that be will ever fix the problem. Maybe they have more wisdom than us alumni or fans. In my opinion I don’t believe that the Church leaders want to support a P-5 level of football. It just is not in the DNA of the Church mission. Although it is ironic that the three worst loses we had this year were in order (1) San Diego State, (2) Toledo and (3) South Florida. At the same time our best wins were over (1) USC, (2) Boise State and (3)Tennessee. WE seem to play down to our opponents. Here we win two P-5 games and beat two of the better G-5 MWC teams in USU and Boise State. We get creamed by Washington who has what now, four or five loses. The best team we lose to is Utah.Go figure.

The last time I posted last night was at halftime. I wanted Baylor Romney and then I never came back to post until now. This board has gotten exploded with disgruntal CougarFan Nation. I don’t blame you one bit and I am not happy too.
Any exuses response from Kalani during post game? Anyway, try again win this bowl game and hope something will change (coaches) during off season.

No! One simply needs to be a fan of BYU. No true fan liked what happened. Not a masochist.

How many games has Wilson choked? Utah? Not really. USC? No. Tennessee? No. Washington? Not really. Toledo? He was winning and got hurt. So, no. He did not choke. USF? He didn’t play in. Boise? No. USU? No. Liberty? No. UMASS? No. SDSU? Maybe. I missed another no.

Aro,

It is my opinion that we had 3 wins that are nothing to be proud about, (Toledo, USF, Idaho St.) We had 3 wins to be proud about,
(Tennessee, USC, and Boise State). These six games cancel each other out.

The other 6 games tell us where we really are.
Win vs G5 Utah State with Loss vs G5 SDS. (even) vs. G5

P5 loss vs. Utah and P5 loss vs. Washington
Win against Liberty ranked below 100 and win vs. UMass, the worst team in the nation.

What does that say about a once-proud BYU team?

Texcoug,

“I don’t think that the BOD’s or the powers that be will ever fix the problem”.

It is clear to me, that while we may or may not agree on what to do about the problem, if anything, if indeed there is a problem,
that each of us are passionate about the team and the University that each of us love.

One of us does not want to rock the boat. The other one of us insist that if we do not rock the boat, there will be no movement in the boat. Our team is the boat that needs rocking now.

One of us believes that the BOD’s are infallible in all things, while the other believes that they are infallible in all things pertaining to scripture, but not infallible in all things that are not scripture. That person does not believe that football is scripture and therefore leaves open the possibility that their is reason to believe that there is a margin for error, and any error within that margin should try to be corrected.

The shovel is wide and deep to fill the large hole with… One believes that we are going in the right direction and constant hiring and firing based on one game is not productive and won’t yield the the desired results. That one believes the current coaching staff will grow and get better. The other wants to impatiently yearly change coaching staff and materialize millions of dollars on a tree that money doesn’t grow on.

I would like to know what’s up with Oldroyd and McChesney. Coach’s response to McChesney makes one think an honor code violation may have occurred. Is that the reason?

1. I agree with this part of your post
  2. I also l agree with this part of your post.
  3. I agree with this part of your post also.
  4. This defiantly is not any of my wishes.
  5. I totally disagree with this part of your post.

If the desire is great enough, the cost is no object. On the other hand, if the desire is not great enough, no matter how cheap it is,
it won’t happen. It is our job to create a desire. If we don’t, then the shame is on us.

fish, Thank you for your reply.

Hey, they shoot horses don’t they.

When we shoot a horse, it is to put the horse
out of it’s misery when we can not or will not
do what is necessary for the horse to heal.

I believe that the BOD’s, perhaps through
one of their subordinates,
should let us know publicly, that the church
through the University will have a much greater
commitment to the success of the BYU Football
Program Excellency, than in the past 20 years.
We need to hear this officially.

What if the desire is unrighteous? Wrong? What if most understand the purpose of BYU Sports isn’t to win national championships? What if it’s to introduce people to the Church? Does that mean we can’t win and beat P5 teams? Does that mean we cannot recruit top notch athletes and develop others like a Kyle Van Hoy? Come on. We shouldn’t want to by anything for money and lose our soul :slight_smile:

I have no idea what you are talking about or what point you are trying to make. Some of your posting, I can relate to. I am thankful for those postings. Thanks.

(What if vanilla ice cream is really orange Pudding?)
(What if all ice cream eaters don’t understand that the reason for eating ice cream is to get fat?) What if eating ice cream is really to get people interested in Baskin Robins?

grasshopper, when we were in the middle 1980’s through the first half of the 1990’s, the BYU football team was one of the biggest assets to letting the rest of the world know whom Brigham Young was, and from their, go into the Church History.

Today, and for the past few years, I do not think that our football program has come close to attracting outsiders to our fold.

I believe there is a survey that says BYU Football is the number one most recognizable thing of the Church. I think Bronco did a fantastic job with holding firesides all over the country. ESPN is doing a great job making sure viewers know that BYU is Church owned.