Second Half Remarks

Loss due to poor 3 point shooting. That’s it. Can’t shoot on away games.

So why do they keep jacking up the threes when they are cold. Go inside, they have a great low post scorer. It is not a good strategy to insist on shooting 30-40 threes when they aren’t falling. Adapt, this is maddening.

They outrebound the other team, have less turnovers and lose because they shoot 20% on 3 point shots. Win with defense and patient offense on the road.

2 Likes

You certainly have an argument since we aren’t winning away games. We make the other team look great.

Poor free throw shooting as well. Let’s say BYU shoots ten less 3s and converts 5 of the ten 2s they take in exchange for ten less threes. If you take 20 threes but still make 6 which is below average then you have an even game. Hit two more free throws and the pct at the line goes up from just barely over 60% to 75% which is good.

I think 20 threes is a healthy number when you are struggling from 3. The other issue is that if if you are feeding the low post or driving hard to the basket you will draw more fouls. I am not sold on the bombs away strategy on the road.

I think most people agree with that. More two man games with Fouss. Even Atiki. Today, KS had our cuts to the basket bottled up. And he wasn’t hitting 3’s.

I will say that Kansas in Kansas may have to be a case to shoot the 3’s. See if first we can drive and create some fouls. We will get some good referees in the Kansas game.

The top teams in the Big 12 are shooting less than 15 3s on the road, and that is for the entire game!

And only winning 20-30 percent of their games on the road. Home teams tend to play tougher defense at home. So, we have to take what the defense is giving us as well. And, we have to make our 2 point shots as well. We tend to blow layups too much. Hopefully, if we take 35 threes, we can make 38% of them.

You and Pope should go to a class on what not to do on the road.

1 Like

Unless we win tonight. Then you will take that class :grin: