Shaun Nua new co-DC at USC

It isn’t working too well at Baylor with the Barrington duel.

There’s that consistent dumping on anyone leaving the program.

So you just confirmed that you would rather have ARod over Grimes. Probably you’re the only one in America who would want that. It’s irrational. You’re embarrassing yourself. Cut your losses.

1 Like

I never said to keep Arod. I’m saying that Barrington bros left for Grimes thinking the grass was going to be greener. Not! Aro D’s problem is his play calling. The first few games, he had some good plays that fooled teams. Yet, we saw none in the last 3 games. Just boring stuff.

No Scott, they left because Grimes and Mateo would give them a better chance of improving their skills for the NFL.

Team Win/Loss records don’t matter to the NFL coaches.

That’s correct, you didn’t say keep Arod. But you - once again - say the grass is never greener if you leave BYU. That’s always your position. I think you take it a bit personal for some reason when a coach or player moves on from BYU. Prove me totally wrong by saying: “It was a smart move by Holker to leave BYU and go to CSU. He really improved, got exposure and has a much better chance to go to the NFL.” Just need a “yep, I agree” and I will drop my claim you are biased against anyone who leaves BYU for another program.

2 Likes

If the team sucks then their presence isn’t showing the NFL anything. BYU has put lots of players in the NFL recently without Grimes as well. There’s no way to prove that staying at BYU would have had a negative return for them.

Hopper won’t admit to anything like that!

1 Like

Don’t take his bait!

This show just how little you know about Football, College and the NFL football.

Christensen, Freeland, etc. were all coached by Grimes, in fact last year, Freeland numbers were down from Mateo was coaching.

Of course Holker will look better playing against teams like BYU who aren’t stocked up enough with great players like P5 schools are. You are mixing apples and oranges with who CSU plays week in and week out with who BYU plays now in the Big12.

Personally, I’d like to see our offense more versatile and use the TE more. You act as if Holker wouldn’t be noticed if he stayed at BYU by the NFL. There are D2 and D3 players in the NFL. The NFL will take you and know about you playing anywhere. Especially if a player keeps their commitments. You see this from many players from BYU who stuck it out even when penalized by the HC.

Nice try. I’ll give you credit, you have a very creative mind when it comes to never retreating from even a bad position. You ignored 95% of my post. Classic strategy.

Anyone except you reading my post would see my question to you wasn’t about Holker, it was about you and your bias against and disdain frankly for anyone leaving BYU for another program.
Your last 2 sentences just confirmed your bias against those who leave. In your mind, it doesn’t matter if it makes sense to them, it’s all about their commitment to BYU and they broke it. In a similar vein, there are no greener pastures beyond BYU.
That is the key variable - maybe the only variable - in how you judge someone leaving the program for another program. You suggesting Holker must be mentally ill is probably the most extreme example of your disdain against anyone leaving the program.
Thanks for making my point and confirming the source of your bias.

2 Likes

Players leaving BYU is about any player who is leaving. Guess Holker wasn’t a player? In any event, I said nothing about anyone’s mental state like mentally ill. How did you extrapolate that out of my post? You are simply not reading and comprehending my posts. Instead, you look for something to argue about, not debate. Even if it isn’t there (mental illness). Very much like Trump Derangement Syndrome.

You are right that I’m about keeping my word and commitments. I’m certainly not perfect and could do better with Church callings and commitments. But, unless a coach tells a player that their services will be limited and they are free to look elsewhere, keep your commitments and work to make things better. Too many run at the sight of difficulties these days. They want others to bail them out. There’s enough players that will move because they won’t get a chance to play at this level. Rudy could have played somewhere else in a D3 college. He didn’t. That’s the effort and commitments I’d like to see from our players.

If I recall, Holker’s sister signed with CSU track and that played a big part in his leaving BYU for CSU. No different than Taggert, who transferred from UO to BYU in large part because HIS sister signed to run at BYU. I doubt I’d call either “disloyal” to his former school…as I said in a different post, Holker looks like a genius about now. He’s also undoubtedly having more fun, which matters since 95% of these guys won’t play in The League anyway.

2 Likes

Looks like you have a convenient bad memory too.
Sept 2022 Topic: “Holker leaving the team per D news” You over and over stated Holker leaving must be due to depression, mental illness, a girl, Honor Code violations. You also said a number of times : Good riddance, selfish, a cancer, Don’t let the door hit him in the butt, love of money.

Do you really read the words someone posts?? I never mentioned your word and commitments. Not my place. Thats between you and the Lord and sometimes a bishop - a judge. I’m talking about YOUR judging of OTHER peoples committments.
it appears to be an obsession with you. I would suggest to Let it go.

2 Likes

They were words used in context with many other posts then. I used those and others to wonder why he left. Could be because of his sister. It’s great when we got the Nacua brothers but it so great for the coaches who worked with them up to that point. So, I’m also not always comfortable with those transferring in to BYU either. With the NIL, it now happens over the love of money. Again, if the coaches say you aren’t going to be in our future, then going somewhere else should be an option.

You are right on about Hopper in this regard!

I’m so living in your head :rofl:
Grasshopper Derangement Syndrome
:disguised_face:

PMAC thanks for going through the homework of pulling up the stupid comments that Hopper makes. tf is black and white on what he said about Holker but even then he tries to get out of that trap by arguing until we are so tired of dealing with him, we just ignore the guy.

We all know he makes the comments but we generally don’t waste our time to “prove”: it to him as he is in a state of denial about all untruths he tells or about over the top ridiculous comments that are meant to stir up trouble and get him the attention he so craves. Most of the time he simply has no knowledge of what he is talking about. We could just leave him alone to stew about his past, present and future ridiculous comments but some can’t ignore him. He thrives on that. If we would refuse to engage the guy he might start being more responsive … but probably not. He simply needs to argue and have attention.

“Oh please help me from my grasshopper derangement syndrome” - Thawk

Hawk, I tried that for 4 years. Did not move the needle.

Pmac, you fleshed out the Hopper issue very clearly but don’t waste your time, Narcissists can’t lose an argument.