So let me get this straight

We are going to use C Stewart for spring football because we don’t have enough QBs on the roster that can play in spring ball??? A player with no eligibility left is going to “practice” with our guys because we don’t have anyone else ready to practice???

Hey fans with your head in the sand, this is not big time college football, this is Pop warner crap. Unbelievable what Bronco has done to the program and people continue to give him a free pass. Another wasted use of practice time, working a QB that has no eligibility left, great call.

No right now they are using Taysom (staying in the pocket) and McCoy Hill as the QB for training…

I thought you had inside knowledge of this stuff? …

i see your linemen friend must no longer be on the team. I’ll give you a bit to edit this before we continue to go off the topic…

Have not talk to him since before spring ball…

but don’t you think that every news media outlet down there would have said something about Stewart “helping” out?

All they talked about (Desnews, SLTrib, KSL, etc) was how Taysom was practicing and McCoy getting reps with the first stringers…

Oh I did hear from my friend’s dad that Rykers was hurt in the Miami bowl game and not fully healed yet, so they move my friends son to Left Tackle in the mean time. Not sure if this is permanent or not, but since this kid can play every position, I would not doubt they may keep him there…

Are we? Where did you hear this from? Just asking.

And, since you seem to have the inside poopy scoop on everything, which 10 players are going to be suspended and for how many games?

Apparently he follows ■■■■ harmon tweets…

Glad you got up to speed with the topic instead of your Adhominem. So back on my original point, unbelievably poor player management, no?

Did you notice the computer thinks you used a naughty word, ■■■■. LOL. I wonder if they will do it to me. Too funny.

KC was right again. Stewart is throwing the ball in spring practice. Saw it on Cougar Nation. Not a bad decision with the injuries and so on. Makes the defense get better faster. And helps with the new receivers too. Nice that Stewart is willing to do it.

Apparently, we have 4 really good potential QBs. Should be a great year!

For the record KC, I don’t tweet, nor do I have an account and I sure as heck don’t follow people… I have better things to do with my life.

From what ■■■■ said, Stewart was there to help throw so that all the Receivers could practice.

Apparently Magnum(sp?) is not home yet from his mission and the other QB is not in school yet…

No big deal… It might even help get Stewart ready for the NFL day at BYU (remember Tom Brady in college?).

Is that the same Tom Brady who was 20-5 as a starter for Michigan and won a Big 10 championship? How again does he compare again to any of our QB’s from last season?

yea… I talking about the Tom Brady…
When he enrolled at Michigan, Brady was seventh on the depth chart and had an intense struggle to get some playing time. At one point, Brady hired a sports psychologist to help him cope with frustration and anxiety and even considered transferring to California.

He worked closely with assistant athletic director Greg Harden, who met with Brady every week to build his confidence and maximize his performance on the field.

That was my point KC, sorry that you have become so adversarial that you could not understand my point… Brady has been the Poster child of never giving up your dream and working hard to get to the place you want to be…

Brady was not well thought of by NFL “Genesis” and was picked 199th in the 6th round of that year draft… Look at him now…

Even though Stewart is not on the same level as Brady (athletically or talent wise), I believe his desire and heart is on the same track. Who knows in 10 years we may see him playing in the NFL.

Ok, but what does that have to do with the current byu roster not having enough QBs for spring ball?

That’s great stewart is throwing for pro day, but current qbs on the roster (7th string future Tom Brady) should be available to throw in spring, at least if you are a big time program. Not having enough arms is not an excuse for a D1 program who claims they are P5. Clearly we have dropped off, and it should cause fans to take notice. Wasted practice reps for a QB who graduated, instead of signing JC guys or offering more walkon QB’s? This lack of preparation for spring ball rests solely on the HC.

Ok… KC I will make my original point AGAIN…

Apparently Magnum(sp?) is not home yet from his mission and the other JC QB is not in school yet…

Last year they had 2 QB’s because at the end of the 2013 season (Olsen, Green and Kurea(sp?)(which was both QB and RB)) all transferred and or went on missions.

Since recruiting is now a multi-year deal, a lot of these guys coming in was already committed. Not sure there was much they could do. Although I think personally that is a major draw back from committing sophomores in HS to play for a team.

You are making an excuse as to why we don’t have enough QBs for spring ball, I don’t care why, my issue is the fact that we can’t fill a roster for QB for spring ball. Has never happened in the history of BYU football, not enough QBs for spring practice. Unbelievable.

We have always struggled to keep 10 heathy OL for spring practice, but at least 2 healthy QBs is not asking for much. It’s like the program lately resembles ward ball or rec league more than P5.

Oh, and for the record, I don’t follow ■■■■, I’m actually not a big fan of ■■■■, and I think ■■■■ is too concerned about ■■■■ than BYU.

1 Like

Calm down Kc… It is Football, not life and death… good grief…

You asked me a question, I answered it to the best of my understanding…

You also realize that the backup to Stewart last year, may be suffering from his lack of decision making in the Miami Brawl? you know #12 Naccua? He was the back up last year.

Wow, you must be really sliding down that slippery slope of becoming inactive with the amount of anti church crap your spewed over the past month and now you attack the football team?

You do know why they use Spring ball right?

Again, nice adhominem, but to the point, using a safety as the 3rd string QB and considering yourself P5 is a joke.

Enough of the excuses, this is pure incompetence.

incompetence? Maybe… lack of planning? Definitely!

As long as “image” is more important than “Winning” the BOT is not going to do anything about it…

As for “adhominem” comment…
I am not attacking you, I am merely expressing what I am seeing you doing by the posts you write.

Whether you are active, inactive or whatever has no bearing on my eternal salvation, having said that, I am concern about you because you have been posting a lot of negative things about the church, it’s leaders and now the football administration. it seems you are getting a bit negative and I am concerned that it will lead to other things… Been down that road, hope you are not going down it now. that’s all.

I appreciate your concern, I’m good. No need to worry.

The BOT does care about image first, but money is a close second and the lack of preparation in developing talent for the season and seasons to come will catch up with bronco again I’m aftaid. Season tickets at an all time low so far since the stadium expansion, internal conflict between coaches and former players speaking out, and the lack of institutional control on display in Miami, I would bet the rope is getting shorter for everyone involved.

KC… I guess what happened according to the news report is that McCoy Hill did something to his foot and won’t be available for the spring practice.

So Jason Beck asked Stewart if he could help out with throwing the ball to receivers for their practices…

They thought the JC transfer was going to be in camp, but apparently there is a snag of some sort…

The JC transfer told them months ago he wasn’t coming. Taysom was hurt a while ago, and they knew well before today that they would be short handed at QB for spring.

Again, it’s never happened in the history of BYU football, and I doubt any P5 program, G5 or even lower division college teams don’t have enough QBs on their roster for spring practice. I did have a pop warner team once that only had one QB, so it does happen I guess.