Someone's head is exploding :-)

And you didn’t read his last paragraph which is paramount! In the Wooden era UCLA ran scores up all season long. Precisely for the reasons Harold gave. And Wooden recruited the best!

His example that if the score came down to 15 points that putting the starters back in would ensure a victory doesn’t always work. The Kings last night did just that and the Lakers still caught them. Players can’t always turn it on. Rose is right to have left them in for all the reasons Harold gave in the last paragraph.

I did not “Like IT” either, but I understood it.

I’m okay with that. Thanks for the level headed, thought provoking post. It shows that you get it… and you understood what I was saying.

If you are close to a record you go for it. Then you take him out. I believe you should always reward great effort. Kyle really put in the effort.
Jeff

And Jim’s head explodes again! He never loses debates so this is tough for him…

First of all SG is right that I don’t lose debates.Not with him that’s for sure. :angry: Second of all, KC wasn’t close to any record. He broke the record for career triple doubles awhile ago. At this point he is only adding to the number of games that are related to that record. I guess you could say he is putting distance betwen himself and anyone down the road who might try to break his record. That sounds selfish to me but I’m sure it’s not. Websters should probably remove the word from the dictionary as it either doesn’t exist anymore or cougarfans are simply afraid to use it.

It is still my belief that if he gets a triple double in the normal course of the game, then good for him and he adds to the number and record he already owns. On the other hand, if he already has the record, which he does, and the team is up by 30 points late in a game, there is no reason to leave him in for the sole purpose of getting another TD. To specifically have him passing the ball while the rest of the team sets screens and takes shots so he can get the requisite number of assists to complete another triple double is nonsense, but that is exactly what happened.

I’m kind of amazed and confused at the same time as to why there are so many fans that have no idea what was going on or do have an idea yet have no problem with it. It says a lot about where we are as a society… and as members of the church generally, just one or two steps behind the rest.

LOL! You are above society. Okay and can you reach far enough around yourself to pat yourself on the back???
I see nothing wrong with setting records under any circumstances. He did it with 5 minutes to go. I wouldn’t have taken the starters out at the 10 minute mark either. Comebacks happen and if you haven’t noticed our Standing for post season has improved with the blowouts.
Sticking with post season possibilities, the committee will look at having BYU in with KC than another team because of his accomplishments. Sorry dude. This has nothing to do with selfishness and society. It has to do with Mormons judging the hearts of others :sunglasses: