The Delemma We Have With our Loved and Appreciated Coaching Staff

Don’t forget Georgia - Steve Young vs Herschel Walker. And Boston College and few others. Oh yeah, remember Wisconsin that Jimmy Mac beat at Madison.

Yes dew that was a great moment in our history. Thanks for the memory. We have many great moments, but the minutes that followed those moments were often disappointing.

Hey guys,
Don’t forget that Arizona and Arizona State were in the WAC along side BYU and Utah Utes. They were invited to and joined the Pac 8/10 and left us behind, much like in the MWC, the Utah Utes and TCU got invited and joined the Pac 10/12 and left us behind again.

We need to change the direction and stop getting left behind.

Awe yea, I remember it well. I believe that Edwards last year we played at Mississippi State, Georga Tec, and at least two other P5 type teams. I remember that both our started and back up QB soon became injured and we had to dig deep into the 3rd back up area to come up with some guy named Brandon Doman whom finished the season for us. I recall that it was a very rare losing season. I also remember being ever so proud to play such a tough SOS. This season was Lavel’s Swan Song Season and he went out playing the toughest SOS in BYU history up to that time.
I was proud, yes, even with the losing season.

All BYU can do is just get better and no more excuses on coaches and players part. 2020 won’t be easy, five or is it six P5 games along with Boise State, sdsu and usu.

It’s not the Deseret news saying that. They are sightings a Yahoo sports writer as saying he was the wrong hire.

Couple of issues with your post.

1. There was no such thing as a P5 in Lavell days.
  2. The NCCA Grant’s one extra game when you play Hawaii in Hawaii.

Most seasons had 13 games during Lavell years of those games, Lavell played 2-3 teams that we now call P5

The same conferences existed and someone decided to use the name and concept of P-5. And I said 2 P-5 teams would be good for us.

If BYU were in a conference we would have a conference championship to play for. Indy sucks at BYU.

I think it would be better for the fans. We could still play 2 or 3 P-5 teams too. We could even start out with a patsy like the big boys.

Kopp was HC nearly 65-70 years ago. Will BYU seek a non-member HC in 2020 or later? I doubt it. Our Board of Directors don’t appear to have that much interest in BYU football to seek non-member Head Coaches. I don’t believe that they want to pay the P-5 type of money for a HC. I believe that football is way down the list of their priorities in the Church. Besides, many of them went to other schools besides BYU.

The most recognized thing about the Church is BYU Football. They have it high on their missionary list.

Actually, during that time period, it had nothing to do with conference alignment, it was how good the team was (their position in the different polls). I remember that BYU has the same problem as today, if we beat a “ranked” team, then that team was in a down year and not considered good, much like today.

The only team I can remember beating and still maintain their ranking was then #1 ranked Miami, who ended the season in the top 5.

Playing a P5 school is not the problem, anyone with a half a brain can see that Boise State or Utah State is far better team than Tennessee this year.

This year the schedule is brutal, not because we started off with four P5 teams, it is brutal because the first 8-10 games are against top tier schools in their respective category.

Tennessee sucks this year
Washington could end up in the playoffs
Utah is definitely one of the top team in the PAC12
USC is still confusing which they are
USU is a threat of going 3-0 over BYU this year.
Toledo is a top notch team that can compete with most P5 teams
San Diego State is a solid tough program and will give us fits
BSU is the real deal and we have not had much luck in beating them.

Just to mention a few teams.

I would disagree with you… not sure where you get your facts…

But the most recognized thing in the church and has been for nearly a century is the “Mormon Tabernacle Choir” (or whatever the new name of the choir is).

You seem to think the talent level 4 deep with Boise is the same with Tennessee. It’s not. The reason why we beat Tennessee is they aren’t playing their better talent as a TEAM. They were still more talented, faster, stronger than BYU. BYU put it all together as a TEAM and beat the TEAMLESS. With that, they physically took it to us and injuries piled up. Same with USC. Then Washington piled on us.

The Choir changed their name. And, they aren’t on TV across the world like they were. Since they went off major outlets a new generation has grown up. BYU Football has taken over through ESPN.

DEW,
I AGREE WITH YOU. 6 P5 Teams + Boise St.+ Utah St. + Huston

2020 BYU Football Schedule

Sep. 5 [![Utah Utes Saturday

Sep. 12 [![Michigan State
LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Saturday

Sep. 19 [![Arizona State at [Arizona State Sun Devils Tempe, AZ
Saturday

Sep. 26 [![Minnesota Football Schedule **at [Minnesota Golden Gophers] Friday

Oct. 2 [![Utah State Football **[Utah State Aggies](LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Saturday

Oct. 10 [![Missouri Football Tigers] LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Saturday

Oct. 17 [![Houston Football [Houston Cougars] LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Saturday

Oct. 24 [![Northern Illinois Huskie Stadium, DeKalb, IL
Saturday

Nov. 7 [![Boise State at [Boise State Broncos] Albertsons Stadium, Boise, ID Saturday

Nov. 14 [![San Diego State [San Diego State Aztecs][LaVell Edwards Stadium]Provo, UT Saturday

Nov. 21 [![North Alabama *[North Alabama Lions]LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Saturday

Nov. 28 [![Stanford at [Stanford Cardinal]( Stanford Stadium, Stanford, CA

“I believe that football is way down the list of their priorities in the Church”.

"Our Board of Directors don’t appear to have that much interest in BYU football "

“I don’t believe that they want to pay the P-5 type of money for a HC.”