The problem with the FB program

So says an umpire with skeptical vision :smiley:

That’s all your opinion and interpretation. Everyone believes Wilson is the future. He will have to improve but like the coaches plays down to the level of opponents. I disagree with you on his throwing motion and his feet. But, that’s Mattich and Fowler’s opinions too. Along with others.

And, who are you going to get to replace Sitaki? Washington’s Program was going in the wrong direction. BYU’s is not. Your Uncle started off poorly before getting the right offensive coordinator. What I would like to know:

1. Why did the offense go away from plays that worked when Wilson came back and played against SD?
  2. Where was McChesney?
  3. Run the triple option inside the redzone with McChesney and Wilson.

wow, one of the classiest men I have ever met. Fished with him on the Snake for sturgeon 12 years ago.

Kyle Whittingham said he was one of the best coaches in the country.

From everything I know, he has turned programs around and headed in the right direction, I think this “One Down” year, doesn’t change how good a coach he is (contrary to some opinions).

certainly one of the best dudes in football. great fisherman, Mark Few could be his twin, maybe a little more fishing dna.

But, no way Peterson stepped down because of a down year and no way anyone was calling for his head. This coaching change had been in the works for years.

“Lake, 42, has turned down several other coaching opportunities in recent years and has seemed to be the hand-picked replacement for Petersen. Along with veteran defensive coach Pete Kwiatkowski” per ESPN.

Maybe it is my jaded view of the media and how schools “let” coaches go so they could “focus on the family”…

Glad to hear that this is Chris’s decision and not something else.

Shocking-Chris could have most coaching jobs in the US-I would have said he would be the number one candidate for the USC job, but apparently he is done with coaching for a time period-I expect him back after a brief hiatus. Everyone I know would love to have him back at BSU, but doubtful that would ever happen

Coaches lives are pretty hard, especially in college when you have so many things to oversee and make sure you are in compliance.

I know a few coaches pretty well and by the end of the season they are totally drained. I would image it would be more for College level coaches.

Just think, Fish can take Petersen fishing more now that he doesn’t have to coach! :open_mouth:

Lol maybe “Pete” can give him more insight into BYU football :football: :wink:

Chris Peterson was doing fine. One bad season, so what and it will turn around quickly the following season. No wonder Urben Meyers was stressed out. Fans from P5 are idiots. Utah not complaining about Kyle Whittingham but if they did BYU would have him if we are lucky.

Well, we have a few fans in here that act the same as P5 fans. Some even worse thinking football is part of the Gospel and my Tithing money should go to a coach’s salary when my family could better use it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fishing in LA? Not going to happen :slightly_smiling_face:

You know better that “Tithing Money” does not go to BYU Sports Program!

I do. But others in here seem to think it does was my point.

Lol that’s for certain

ESPN deal is very good for BYU. Romney is a better decision maker than Wilson. I have seen enough of Wilson to know he was an upgrade from Tanner and now know Romney is an upgrade from Wilson. Mystified at running back selection this season.

Those who keep engaging Hopper must like pulling a bandage off slowly! Remember Hopper is still mad that Rose was exited and replaced by Pope. Now look at what a coach can do who is positive and energized. Also, look at the development of Jake Toolson vs what he would have been behind Nick Emery. It really is unbelievable that Hopper would argue about Rose’s energy, playing time allotment and talent selection. There isn’t a single area that Rose was better than Pope and his staff! Toolson, Chatman, Beo, Hartsock etc would have all been better than Emery. Anyway … we now have a coach for the future in the fold. While I like Sitake I think he is on thin ice if he can’t figure out how to improvise and adjust during the game. He also seems unable to step in during a game and adjust a coordinator who needs it. He may not be HC material.

1 Like

Well they keep getting hurt… down to fifth string and a converted DB (again)

Don’t forget FB4 who went on to be highly successful. Yes Pope brings energy that BYU needed. Hopefully we can hang on to him. The SDSU game left a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. Coaches getting players ready to compete is critical. Long did his job and Sitake didn’t imo. Sitake better do a better job next year or it will be a long year. It will be critical to play well in Hawaii, against a good Hawaii team to set the tone for next season

here is some details about the ESPN contract.

See, you take my statements and twist them to suit your attacks. It’s called false bearing. But, as long as it makes you look important I guess you’ll just keep on doing it.
We don’t know what Emery or Toolsen would have done and compared to. I do know we would be deeper. And maybe 7-2 instead of 6-3. And perhaps you should remember that most of the players playing now were Rose recruits. Does this mean the change was not a good one? Of course not. The time even came for Edwards to step down and Wooden to step down.
Romney is an upgrade? What P5 team defense did he play against? BSU’s, USU defenses werent very good. SDSU’s defense was top notch. USC, Tennessee (7-5), Washington and Utah were top notch. When Wilson left the Toledo game he was ahead and we should have won. What happened in the USF game? Romney is untested. Doesn’t mean he can’t be good either. But your knee jerk reactions killed Heaps and others. No patience.