There’s a game tonight

You think they are better than #16 Arkansas? :joy:

They would get beaten easily by the Razorbacks. BYU is overrated at this point. We will see…

Like I said, prevent defense is used by coaches who can’t coach.

I think Kalani called the Utah game.

1 Like

Oh my….I’ve seen Arkansas play…they would have SLAUGHTERED BYU today. It would not even be competitive.

Let’s play the game! Teams are beaten every week. So far we are 4-0. Until we lose, we will be where we belong about 12-14th. No one expected this. Depth was tested today and we will have all starters back next week. Is Arkansas a top 10 team. Maybe.
So negative… 4-0 and highly ranked. We win next week and then Baylor will be a real test. Which means USU is also a trap game…

Scott,

It has been my observation over the past 68 years, but especially in the past 10 years, that when we play up above our level, we play our very best, and win our share of those games.

When we play below our level, we disappoint.

In our last game, vs. USF, our first quarter we looked like a Power Team ranked 15 becoming 13 in the Nation.

We ran the ball at will. We passed and received the ball at will. We looked like we could even beat Alabama.

21 -0 looking at the end of the first quarter, we were looking like we would finish the game 84 -0 and beat the spread.

The end of the first quarter for me was the end of that game.

The second, third, and fourth quarter, a new, a different, and a separate game from the first quarter,
we lost to an unranked G5 team 14-28.

Yes, we had injuries. They brought only 16 people for their defense. They also had injuries, We kept players out to rest that could have played. So did they. They traveled a very long distance. We were already at home. We were used to our altitude. They were not.

I pray, that going into the Utah State game in Logan, we learned whatever it was that we needed to
learn from the last 3 quarters of the USF game so that once again, we can look for 4 quarters vs this UR G5 team, like the highly ranked team that we are playing like a true P5 team that will be in the Big 12 Power Conference in 2023

If we don’t let up, and if we play like we know we can, we may well end up New Years Day in the Fiesta Bowl, in Glendale, Arizona vs Cincinnatti.

Go Cougs.

Sitake was holding out! He was resting starters.
The USF game was over in the first qtr and Sitake knew he could score at will.

USU will challenge BYU but their defense is completely porous. The Air force/USU game was, Who had the ball last was going to win the game, neither defense could stop the other.

We can talk all we want but BYU’s first 4 games, our defense went 16, 17, 17 against 3 Pac 12 teams and 27 against USF. I don’t doubt that USU can score more then any of these teams…so what!

The odds on this game, Friday night are:
Over/Under 62.5.
USU is a 9 point underdog.

All of this suggests that the game will have a similar tone to the USF game. IDK…I just know that BYU sandbagged in the second half and were content to let USF run massive amounts of clock to score and Sitake did not care knowing we could score at will.

Interesting he “knew that BYU could score at will” but did not do that. If you know you can do something, what would be the reason for not doing it? Especially when the game ended as an 8 point victory? If BYU could “score at will” then why not make it a 20+ pt. game, let’s say 49-27 or something instead of 35-27?

I agree with most everything you post Chris but I’m not buying this one. Sandbagging or not, BYU played a weak game for 3 quarters… and they allowed a rookie, inexperienced QB to look very good, which is something they have been very good at in the past, sandbagging or not.

After talking to a couple of players on the team who run with the 1st’s. They told me that they did not run a number of plays that they have been practicing. They are “saving” some plays for when they play Baylor or if they get behind. BYU has not trailed in a single game this year so far.

I am not talking about the defense. They were gassed but had enough in the tank to finish with a V.

So, have you heard what is Hall’s Injury or injuries keeping him out? Did he also have another concussion? Was his ribs or internal organs injured? We were told he just had the wind knocked out.

They said he had bruised ribs and was held out as a precaution

Riley Nelson would have strapped on a flap jacket and been the gritty quarterback :joy: