This has some weird details

I don’t really need to do it. Let’s be honest here, the LP3 have done a fine job of messing themselves up. They don’t really need any help.

1. Mika opted for the nba draft, for which he had no hope of making, so why did he do it? He could have played in Italy or whatever next year of the year after. He was greedy and wanted it now.
  2. Emery just continues to do stupid thing after stupid thing because he is so full of himself he can’t handle it. Too bad he isn’t more like his brother, but he makes his own choices. He will make this years team worse, just like he did with last years team.
  3. Haws has more arrogance than jerry jones and donald trump combined. I knew of this before he came to BYU. He has run off several BYU teammates since he came here, he thinks he is awesome and he’s not. He’s a good player who doesn’t realize he isn’t as good as he thinks and his lack of humility kills his potential. Another little brother who doesn’t get it.

That’s enough for now.

People love to blame the ex for all their problems.

What opportunity?

No… how can you say that? Nick has been a shining example and ambassador for BYU. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To say I am tired of privileged “athletes” who think they are special and deserve special treatment is an understatement. To say I am disappointed when it is athletes at BYU, especially marginal ones like Emery, is a major understatement.

The fact that the team isn’t even that good makes it worse… like the nonsense with some of the football players. It’s disappointing.

Why do we call these persons boosters? Boosters of what? I’m sure he’s a Utard operative colluding with Russia :wink:

To play college basketball…

Emery has many faults…as a player…can’t speak for him as a person…but if all of BYU’s marginal players were good enough to make all conference or even be in the discussion for it, the team itself would not be so marginal.

re TJ

I have no idea how good he thinks he is…but the conference coaches voted him all conference as a frosh…something very few players at BYU have ever managed to do…including big brother…if this is killing his potential {your words} then you must really think he’s something special…please enlighten…I don’t see it.

Actually Jim… This was reported to me by someone who is closed to the situation at BYU, then it was relayed by Rubicon as well on this site…

Having watched my son go through a horrible divorce from a very vindictive woman, I tend to give credence to the story.

This woman my son was married too, would use my grandson as a tool to hurt his dad (Telling him to say things like “I hate you and don’t won’t to spend time with you”)

So yes, ex’s can cause some pretty nasty things to happen. Not sure if this is the case with Emery, but I would not put it past a ex-wife trying to get back at a guy.

Emery would be starting if he wasn’t sick and being investigated. Don’t think he’s just marginal. His teammates don’t think so either.
Aside from that, Childs may enter the draft next year if he continues like he is.

I saw, or moreso I heard a LOT about the LP3 and their potential for greatness. No, it went even further than that… to crazy things like they would make a run at the elite eight and final four and they were so awesome and great because, after all, they had won a mythical national championship in high school.

I respectfully disagreed for a number of different reasons and the results proved it. Last years team underperformed… except Mika IMO. Haws was so so and Emery was worse. The team was just overall mediocre.

I don’t need to reveal my sources, but I believe them more than I do the media. I think TJ’s confidence in his ability has probably gotten him further than anyone imagined, but his humility level did not help balance it and he tipped to one side. I don’t give a crap about all conference… perhaps that is how the coaches keep BYU in check, by filling their players’ heads with visions of grandeur. TJ was not deserving of all conference honors. My opinion yes, but a definite discussion point for anyone who knows and understands the game.

That’s all.

It isn’t just the media and people close to the players, it is fans that fill these players heads with gobbledygook about how awesome they are. Emery was worse last year, Haws is too full of himself to help the team improve and Mika had no business entering the nba draft.

The truth hurts… I know it is a painful pill to swallow.

Haws played well yesterday and played within the team plan.

Not sure how they will do during conference play, but one thing I noticed in the game the other day was that BYU did not jack up shots as often as they did last year, they passed it to a point to find the open shot…

Just a little difference… I think that is Coach Shculer(sp?) doing…

heath schroyer…the team all seems to think he’s improving them…but of course never a peep but pleasantries from even the most dysfunctional team…

The ball was moving well too. Childs has improved on both ends. Bryant looks healthy and will contribute a lot. The new point guard, forget his name, looks like a great fit and plays defense well. The center’s will do good in this offense although Dastrup seems lost still. He’s lost a lot of wait but needs to get more serious if he’s going to play.

From an pretty good source in the Utah basketball community with ties to BYU: Emery’s ex-wife’s father sued the high school because his daughter did make the cheerleading/dance team.

The after divorce, family hires private investigator to follow Nick around. The PI turns over the report to the parents and the parents send portions of it to the NCAA, not BYU. It was to hurt Nick and BYU.

This person claims the booster was a friend of Nick’s…for how long, he didn’t know.

That follows my understanding of the story. thanks for clarifying.

Here in Oregon, nobody cares about the Emery thing. This is one time where it’s nice to live outside the bubble. Emery’s actions seem to have been a mixture of ego getting in the way of judgment combined with toxic personal relationships coming back to haunt him. Bad look for BYU, but at least out here nobody cares or talks about it.