Time to vent about things

ACE: good point about Bronco–we all remember Bronco’s defenses occasionally allowing big plays, but what we remember more is the sheer creativity, disruption, bliztes from everywhere, and defensive players not only being drafted but becoming NFL stars. We have been the OPPOSITE since Bronco left, so here’s hoping Hill can recreate that exciting defense and send dudes to The League.

And now, I really want to vent about our Transfers

From what I have been told by people who know Jay Hill and his defensive schemes, three things will happen under the new DC:

1. More disruption on the opposing line and QB. Meaning stacking the box, blitzes, stunts, etc.
  2. Player accountability - meaning that if a player fails to do what is needed, Jay Hill will get up close and personal with the player. Think Roger French type coaching.
  3. Adjustments - No longer will you have to wait until half time for adjustments, Hill will do that throughout the game (If he stays true to what he did at Weber State).

We hope that good coordinators find their way to Provo! Hill could be a good one. ARod isn’t good enough. He doesn’t use his athletes talents wisely. He makes his athletes run his offense. So I think he needs to go. Sitake is a good face to the program but I wouldn’t pay him big bucks to do the job because he doesn’t bring much value. Better to spend money on DC and OC to get good ones and also guys who are good recruiting coordinators.

I will had as well, Good Coordinators will find good position coaches to bring to BYU as well.

So, the logic you are bringing is that assistants should be paid more than the Head Coach? Am I getting this right?

At the risk of putting words in anyone’s mouth, I’ll answer since thawk and I share similar views:

Sitake reportedly makes $2 million per year. Hill’s contract pays him about $1 million. I have not heard estimates of Roderick’s salary; but based on his salary of $425,000 a year at Utah six years ago, I venture to guess that Roderick’s contract is in the $500,000 to $600,000 range.

Rather than increase Sitake’s salary to $2,500,000, why not hire a coordinator with a proven track record of leading potent offenses and offer him something similar to Hill’s $1,000,000 contract.

Do you think they are reworking the OC salary to equal the DC salary? I would think so…

They should, but there should be a compelling reason for doing so besides entering the Big 12.

In this case I wouldn’t mind if Sitake were just a couple of dollars higher that really good coordinators. Sitake doesn’t deserve (yet) to be paid top dollar. He probably knows it too! I wouldn’t pay Hill top dollar but if he starts to prove himself we can up his compensation…… same for a new OC …. Unless they are a proven product.

Love you Boise Coug!!

Sitake 1.5 million until he proves that he deserves 3 mil a year. OC and DC 1 mil and if they show progress then up them to 1.5 and Sitake to 2. From there if they get a top 2 finish in the Big 12 moved OC and/or DC to 2.5 each and Sitake to 3. We need more money in the assistants and support staff than the head coach having a bloated salary.

1 Like