War in Heaven (continued)

Seeing as it’s now football time, it’s time to move this over to Off-Topic. I thought this article would be a good one to ponder on this topic. https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/war-heaven-and-satan-s-continuing-battle-power

Also, I found this in the article about the concept of “third part.” - " The scriptural term “third part” is often misapplied as the fraction one-third . As one author put it, “When John speaks of the war in heaven, his description of Lucifer’s activities is slightly different from the typical interpretation in Latter-day Saint circles. He states that the devil drew away a ‘third part’ of the hosts of heaven with him (see Revelation 12:4; D&C 29:36–38). The distinction between ‘one-third’ and a ‘third part’ may seem subtle, yet it is real. The fraction one-third implies 33 1/3 percent, whereas the phrase ‘third part’ implies a numerically undetermined segment of the population who symbolize the fact that Satan’s power over the premortal spirits was limited. Thus, the numerology in the passage implies that we have no knowledge of the fraction or percentage of the Father’s children who followed the adversary. All we know is that Satan had a limited influence over those in the presence of God” (Alonzo L. Gaskill, The Lost Language of Symbolism [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 2003], 118–119). For further explanation of the symbolic use of the term third part as meaning “limited” or its use in reference to meaning “partial and incomplete,” or what has been termed “remnant theology,” see Richard D. Draper, Opening the Seven Seals (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1991), 95–96, 108; Jay Parry and Donald Parry, Understanding the Book of Revelation (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1998), 110.

I assume he had a level of influence to that of the Christ. He was the Son of the Morning-one of the greats. Interesting that we rejected that influence-yet are still subjected to it. Interesting that as mortals, we are not all on a level playing field either. I could ponder questions like Joseph Smith was quoted as saying “young children who die before the age off accountability, are automatic heirs to the Celestial Kingdom”. Wouldn’t we all be better off to have been annihilated before the age of accountability, rather than have to make these terribly difficult decisions and possibly come up short? Somehow the answers seem beyond comprehension.

Burton, good job! Please keep Hopper occupied over here!

Son of the morning, you can join in too :rofl:

Is it proper to share information spoken in a solemn assembly in the Temple? I have the answer.

When do I get paid?

In Heaven!!

Sheesh-what if I don’t make it🤔

Don’t worry, Scott will be there to comfort you! :open_mouth:

Burton: I was giving you the benefit of the doubt with 3 degrees available!! Even with Hoppers lack of knowledge on what exactly a son of perdition is … I didn’t think the percentages were in your favor to miss the 3 degrees altogether!!

Thanks Floyd-now I know what they mean by eternal torment🤔

Ok-I don’t know where I am going to end up, but I’m pretty sure Hopper’s wife ends up in first place. I will make sure Hopper doesn’t try and take an elevator up and irritate you guys. The things I have to do…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m 100% knowledge in the doctrine. I wonder about you???

Still don’t want to know why little children who die before the age of accountability are/were promised Celestial Glory?