We aren't very good

It was okay. The offense needed to be able to run the ball better. ECU is not a good run defense team but BYU struggled to run the ball well.

Yes, I watched the game. Only 20% of the game was left… that’s late. If there had been some short, safe passes along with some running plays maybe they could have moved the ball better.

That is why the play calling was just okay.

I agree with you SR.

SG: I don’t think that Brown is still 100%. He stumbles a lot too. I am not sure if he has balance problems or that he still is short on his wind and perhaps still struggling to remain in the game for a long time at this point. We should have used our third string RB a bit more to spell Algie when he appeared winded. or struggling to maintain his endurance. But over all A. Brown did a great job, his best game yet. Again, to me, BYU is suffering from lack of depth, with a whole lot of RM’s, not all up to snuff physically. It takes one to two years to recover physically from a
two year mission. Mangum is just plain a freak, he is not only a stud, but a genius when it comes to being a team player and he sees a head a whole lot more than most players and even coaches. Even at this early stage, he is at least as valuable to the team as Taysom Hill or perhaps even more valuable.
BYU is a good team, always better with Mangum in there. But they ever lack depth in physicality and with the BYU Honor Code and LDS DNA will almost always be a team lacking in physical fitness due to the large number of RM’s on the team. That is why BYU is better in a conference like the AAC or indy. I never thought I would say this continuously, but this appears to be our DNA. Yes, BYU could be a second tier P-5, but under the conditions of BYU’s standards could we be anything else?

Whoa, cowboy, slow your roll!! Mangum at least as valuable to if not more valuable to the team as Taysom Hill? I’ve said nice things on this board about Mangum and the cannon affixed to his right shoulder, but more valuable than Taysom Hill, a legitimate Heisman candidate? I think not. Mangum looked like a 3rd grader against Michigan. If Taysom plays in that game and Michigan locks up (literally and figuratively) in man with our WRs, Taysom runs for 200 yards and we are in the game. His presence alone would have forced Michigan out of that D against which Mangum could barely get a single first down. Not banging on Mangum here, cuz I’m a big fan (see my ECU takeaways post), but IMHO Taysom is at a whole different level as a college QB.

No!!! I don’t think they do. It is and has been evident especially with the QB position. .