What about Nebraska

Sr_Burton

There is a time and a place for everything. Everything has it’s time and it’s place.

We can learn social graces in a social classroom. We can learn religion in religious classes and in Churches and conferences and at home and in our communities and in our closets with our secret prayers.

Let us enjoy football without having to feel guilty. it is a needed outlet for many of us that enjoy without t needing to be in a mental hospital. It is healthy to be able to scream appropriately and cheer appropriately and have fun appropriately. Please no moral lessons at this time or place.
Let us enjoy the game without guilt. Thank you.

dew,

Have you ever thought of what might have been without the suspension, (one year), of Jaamal Williams.

Wow, this could have been one of the 3-4 seasons in the history of BYU to remember.
This could have been the season to remember with a 12-0 season and a P4 play off bowl and an invitation to a P5 conference. A true Miracle may have included our second NC.

We would have beaten #10 UCLA. with Jaamal Williams with us. We already beat #20 Boise State. We beat P5 conference Big 10 team Nebraska and I think that our mind set would have been to beat Michigan.

The 12-0 season was definately in reach. This season could have been remembered like our NC season with Robby Bosco; like our Heisman Trophy season with Ty Detmer, Like our #5 in the Nation Season with Doman and Doak Walker Award Winner, Luke Staley . The first two games of our season could have been remembered like our Miracle Bowl vs. SMU at the Holiday Bowl.

Yes, all of this could have happened, but instead, we shot ourselves in the foot and had Jaamal stay out of school for a year. And for what ??? With some of the decision making on the sidelines of our games, it makes one wonder if the decision making regarding Jaamal was accurate.

Yeah, I think we should get out on the recruiting trail, only talk to 5 star recruits and let them know that we will really, really respect them, so much that they can do anything on campus or off campus they want, that we will fix it with the president’s office, the honor code office and all the local police chiefs. We want to win so much we won’t burden them with any kind of standards or moral codes. Hell, in fact they won’t even have to practice cause the caliber of athletic studly studs we will recruit won’t need to practice

Roy… you said “hell”.

I think you are bitter, I know because I have felt this way before.

We will get over it after the next few games starting Friday after BYU beats UCONN.

Hang in there, it’s only a couple of days away. :smile:

KC,

I believe that many punishments issued to players should be more fair and more equal for all schools.

I believe that the NCAA should have minimum standards and the punishment for breaking those minimum standards should be universal that all students from all Universities must accept.

Individual Universities should be able to have additional standards that only their University must follow.

If those standards are broken, the same penalty should be administered against all students equally for breaking that additional standard,

If the athlete feels that he is being singled out for extraordinary punishment, as compared to the punishment that he would receive in any other university, than that student should have the right to appeal to the NCAA where the punishment may be negotiated between the NCAA and the University.

I think that we may need to make several changes if we are to attract the athletes that will be required if we are to make it to and achieve in a P5 conference.

Congratulations to the Utes that understand this and has reached the ranking of #4 in the nation and the highest ranked team in the Pac 12. Perhaps we are capable of learning from their success. Maybe not.

dew,

It would be great for us if your suggestions were possible without ramifications undesirable from the other universities among the 128 teams.

NCAA needs to set the rules of engagement in this type of punishment. The same rules need to apply the same for all athletes from all Universities and should not be left to chance.

I would love to see community service instead of missing games. What ever the penalty, it needs to be predetermined by the NCAA before the fact for all athletes of all Universities and administered equally and fairly.

KC, sadly, I agree with you on this one regarding Boise State’s accomplishments in the past 11 years compared to ours. (You said 15 years. I say 11 years)