What BYU football will look like next year

QB battle the headliner, but BYU football has plenty of holes to fill as spring camp opens Monday | KSL.com

We have only 3!% of our offense returning
and only 16% of our defense.
Yikester!!!

Plus how many P5s on the schedule? :worried:

Plus some new assistant coaches, OC Aaron R., and we still have Coach Kalani S. childhood friend Coach DC Tuiaki

I don’t see this. We have quite a few returners. Not sure what he’s looking at. And, we have many that were 2nd string that will fill the holes that were left.

It doesn’t matter what players we have on defense. As long as Tuiaki is the dc, the defense will either mediocre or embarrassing.

1 Like

What were now a top 5 defensive team? Yep…The offense is going to shine this year. The two brothers one from Utah transferring in. The other a sensational freshman. Should be fun…

I can’t imagine Tuiaki leading a top 5 defense

1 Like

Check out last season

Although we didn’t give up many points, we played some crappy teams that don’t score much anyway. Last year doesn’t show me anything about Tuiaki.

1 Like

Snake eyes is correct. Don’t be baited by the “Hopper”!

Just my opinion with an 11 - 1 season. What’s wrong with that? You really that frightened of me? Good

155 more days till we play against Arizona will be a long wait but hopefully the team will do well that we should all be thinking staying positive. Last coronavirus season this BYU FB team played against mostly Sun Belt team that they are not like the SEC schools.
Yes BYU football was the top five defense team in the country last year and imagine what coach bronco Mendenhall Think of our current DC at BYU? Coach bronco Mendenhall at BYU was the top 15 DC when he was here which he was the best for our program. This coming 2021FB season will be back to normal like it was before the pandemic That BYU Defensive program will not see another top five like we did last year again and sorry hopper which I will mark that down.

Our defense will be great because our offense will dominate. Write that down :slight_smile:

Both you and the Hopper make great points…Yes, we will be playing bigger better players from P5 programs. But our offense just got from GOOD to VERY GOOD with the Nacua brothers. Both this guys can play at the NFL level. They left Utah and Wash. because those programs are grind it out run oriented.
BYU has 4 good QBs, not one. I would feel great about either Romney or Hall. but Sol Jay and Conover are supposed to be next Wilson. And who wouldn’t want to be QB with
Recievers like Rex, the Nacuas, Romney? Pau u?
BYU Football Spring Roster Breakdown: Wide Receivers - BYU Cougars on Sports Illustrated: News, Analysis, and More
Pay attention to Luc Andrada. He was listed as RB last season but he broke the Colo. HS 100 YDash. Would make a hell of a slot or just about anywhere.
With Algeiers at RB?
And our killer Oline? We may be reworking the D but our O is stacked.
Some one cover the Defense for me but BYU is going to compete and surprise in 22.

Arkiecoug,
We have 5 Pac 12, teams on our schedule including #26 USC, #31 Az. St., #57 Utah, #90 Wash St., #102 Arizona. We also have # 47 Big 12 Baylor and # 32 ACC Virginia. We also get Boise State at home.

If the rankings are correct, (+ - ) we, at # 63, should have a 7-5 season.

I am looking for an upset victory this year over Utah, which would give us the 8-4 season, which would be great!

The game #63 BYU vs. #102 Arizona at the brand new Raiders Stadium in las Vegas September 4th, will be the most fun game that we will have all year.

There new coach at Arizona comes to Arizona from the NFL and full of NFL experience. Still, we are heavily favored to win this game. The stadium is the most fantastic stadium that I have every seen, including, but not limited to Dallas Cowboys new stadium which we played in, and including ND’s new stadium, The colosseum, The Rose Bowl, Cotten Bowl, or any other stadium that we have ever played it. Playing in Las Vegas, with our fan base, will be like playing a home game. Buy your tickets as soon as possible or you won’t be able to get a seat in what should be a sell out.

A lot will depend upon the QB. If we end up with great QBing we will be 10-2

grasshopper, with this schedule, we should get a finish of 7-5 season. If we are really lucky and upset the Utes in Provo, we could make this season a fantastic 8-4 season that we can all be very proud of.

NCAA just announced today Student athletes don’t have to sit a year (non-graduate). Puka and Sampson Naucua will play together for the first time at BYU and that was the right thing to do. And how sweet it is having both the mom and grandmother to attend the game at home.

1 Like

Board, I am not a new user. I have been on this site for at least 12 years.