What we learned from Weber

I pretty much agree with almost everything you are saying here SR. It’s nice to know that we are a lot closer on our opinions than it may appear sometimes. Maybe it’s because you “comforted me and made me feel all giddy”… :laughing:

I guess my main purpose with my comments is I see the team taking the same path they did last season… and the season before, etc. There are players who can contribute on this team that aren’t being given the time they deserve to show that. Maybe it is because the approach is to give the primary guns more time to develop chemistry but maybe it is because of other factors.

I just know that my concern about it the last few seasons (BYU has underperformed in my opinion) has been justified by the success of players like Nielson and Bartley, who only a couple years ago were seldom used bench fodder. That upsets me way more than it does most fans apparently, but I see the same thing happening with Dastrup (I guess Rose doesn’t want to give him any false hope because Kaufusi will get the minutes) and Beo (based on thawk assessment) and others… these guys are the Nielsons, Bartley’s and Chatmans, what an unfortunate situation.

All that being said, if BYU were actually living up to expectations and performing (as more knowledgeable fans said they would) we probably wouldn’t be having this discussion… but they haven’t, they aren’t and we do. :astonished:

Well we have never been very far apart in our views-I just don’t want to dwell on certain aspects like discrimination or conspiracy . It doesn’t mean they aren’t valid, but it takes away from the enjoyment of the game for me. If an official doesn’t really care for BYU, it is highly unlikely he will be uninfluenced by that dislike when calling a game even subconsciously. Likewise if you admire a team greatly you will probably react favorably to that team (ie blue goggles). However, you play the game anyway and try to overcome the imbalance. Who knows what goes through Dave Rose’s mind. There have been times when I thought other players should be playing more because they were in my mind better players. UVU was an embarrassment for BYU-not because they lost-but an ex-BYU player was inflicting major damage.