Why Utah won the game

Did he get sacked? No. Did he have receivers drop passes? Yes. Especially the first for a pick 6. What else do you want him to do?

The first time I saw the play in real time, I thought the receiver was at fault. But after watching the replay, it was on Hill. He was way off on the pass. Hill isn’t a natural passer. I would put Mangum in.

The receiver wasn’t ready for the pass. Even then the ball hit him in the hands. That makes it all on the receiver.
The other fact is Mangum would not have scored on a 52 yard run. Of course, had a coach not gone for the win and kicked the extra point we might have won with Hill and we wouldn’t be having this discussion.
Also, as long as Hill is healthy, there will be no QB controversy.

What else do I want him to do, become an accurate passer.

To you what is an accurate passer? Once again, that depends on his receivers not dropping the ball and be ready for the pass.
In the glory days we had receivers that had glue on their hands. Now they have gloves.
Aside from that, he didn’t have open receivers like he did with Arizona. Would you rather he get sacked or throw the ball away?

I said it before and will say it again. Should of gone OT.

Yes I know, the game is over. The only exception that we SHOULD DO TWO if the game was getting close to mid night before Sunday Sabbath Day which makes sense. We had plenty of time.

Checking things, the home team has a higher winning percentage than the visitor.
Second the BYU defense could not stop a boy scout from helping an old lady across the street.
The right choice in my mind was to go for 2. To bad it didn’t work out but it was the correct thing to do.
Maybe the wrong play? But right to go for 2.
Where is the cry’s for Detmer not calling a better chance of working play?

Mike

I like the aggression of the 2 point play and it shows the O confidence by the coaches. I don’t like the play call, but I’ve only been a watcher of FB for only 60 years.

1 Like

An accurate passer is a passer who can pass the ball into upper torso of the receiver. A receiver dropping a well thrown ball is a separate issue. Both issues were evident last Saturday evening.

Totally agree. No reason to think we couldn’t have won in OT. Those stats prove the point.

If you say so :roll_eyes:

I would say go for it if Taysom can be like Ty Detmer (passer and scrambler), Steve Young (dual threat) and other greats in the early 80’s. We didn’t have to because we were smoking against those u days (80’s).

I am not Coach Kalani and Detmer and they choose what best for them which I can’t do anything about it and good luck to them. Coach Kanani said he will do it again and I will sit back and watch them fail again.

Why not focus on our next game for now and hope the first half won’t be so bad when our linemen can get after Rosen OFTEN!. We might see a low scoring game again.

:sleepy: Yawwwwwnnnn

1 Like

Have a nice nap Roy. :smile:

Dew, just saw this. Thanks for sharing. I was that guy you heard yelling “KICK IT KICK IT KICK IT KICK IT REMEMBER BOISE STATE!!! WE HAVE THE MOMENTUM RIGHT NOW AND I LIKE TAYSOM IN A KANSAS OT KICK IT KICK IT KICK IT KICK IT!!!”