Wow! Wow! Wow! Great game!

Despite our point guard fouling out, two others with 4 fouls, huge foul disparity in the beginning of the second half, 3 point shooting comes back with a vengeance. Wow!! Game of the year!

2 Likes

Best BYU basketball win ever? Ranks up there with the Gonzaga win at the Marriott several years ago.

1 Like

So in 8 days, byu has knocked off the #11 and #7 teams in the nation—one on their court. And they dropped out of the top 25. They’ve got to be back next week.

was going to post on this very topic. Don’t think it is just because Kansas was missing Mcculler Jr. But this win gets us back in the top 25 and a much better seeding

1 Like

How many times have we been missing our best players to injury and Illness? That’s part of the long season. Had we of been able to have Adams the entire season, things would be a bit different possibly too. This was a solid win. Seemed to change after Pope’s technical. Refs called a better game after that.

I have to admit I was wrong but I don’t see how I could have predicted a win tonight vs. Kansas. I don’t necessarily think Kansas is that good this year. In my opinion they are overrated. I have stated that I don’t think Dickinson is that good at all. He proved me right tonight. I don’t think Adams is very good either. He also proved me right tonight. BYU is fortunate that Kansas didn’t have the leading scorer in the conference and their best player for this game. Now, on to the numerous points, I missed by a long shot, that BYU proved this game.

1. BYU played well on the road. Kansas had not lost this season at home. That was a big one.
  2. BYU came from behind in a game. That is something that rarely, if ever, happens.
  3. BYU shot a high percentage from 3 on the road. The Hopper told me they needed to shoot 38% in order to have a shot at winning and I said it wouldn’t matter… it did.
  4. BYU stayed composed down the stretch. Usually they lose their heads and choke, especially when they have a lead. They stayed with the game plan and played like they believed. Now if they can just stay humble and believe they can beat anyone on any given night… that is my hope.
  5. BYU overcame some pretty bad officiating and beneficial calls for Kansas most of the game. That is a big one. That rarely happens and never on the opponents home floor. Kansas helped out by missing free throws and easy shots at the end, doing what BYU is notorious for. Having admitted my errors…

The Pope technical had to happen. It helped wake the officials out of their KU slumber and realize how biased the calls were at that point in the game. From then on BYU got calls they hadn’t gotten earlier in the game and the officials went to the fair and objective thing that I harp on all the time. The legitimate fouls that should have been called were finally called at the end. Then again, the double technical was the cherry on top of the Kansas sundae. That was terrible. Knell gets a forearm to the throat not once, but twice and while he did swing his arm in retaliation at Dickinson he never contacted him… and that is a double technical and KU gets the ball? Terrible call among a few at that point in the game.

I don’t want to diminish what BYU did vs. Kansas. They deserve a lot of credit for doing all the things that they don’t usually do. This was a great, late season win.

I was wrong about this team, at least for one night. Unfortunately they can rip our hearts out the next game… stay tuned.

2 Likes

Personally…I think the Refs were watching a different game from everyone else. #GoCougs!!!

haha, It’s true though

Is it just me, or did all the crappy Pac-12 refs flee to the Big 12?

1 Like

Hopper, you have your perception of what people write…I said kansas was lacking it’s offense and BYU played out of it’s head defense. Certainly a TOP 5 all time win but Gonzaga, when we beat them were at full power and a top 2 team. Kansas need McCuller to be healthy for this to be a bigger win for BYU

True!

I have always thought BYU’s core was good enough to place middle of the Big 12 and that is Dancing all day long. If BYU plays defense, they can play with anyone. that was key.

Good to see you on Cougarfan… feels that way, hahaha, but reffing the big 12 is more like reffing a mosh pit.

It’s funny because were winning games we were not expected to and were loosing to teams that we should easily beat.

1 Like

True, BYU leads the nation in 3s taken. I think we shoot more 3s then 2s…not good for road games but this time it worked in BYU’s favor.

I wonder what this means in term of tournament seeding? Lunardi had us at a 7 at the beginning of the week, and Kansas at a 2.

all depends on the game Sat vs. TCU. Has to vault BYU back into the top 25 and move them a seed or two

2 Likes

The next big game. That’s the Big12.

1 Like