Bowl Projections

I guess we’ll said. Except, what was your point? That we should play on Sundays because there are former BYU players playing in the NFL on Sundays? The thing is, that is each person’s choice to work in the NFL. Oh ya, it is a job. They get paid very well for a short time of their lives. Then, they can work more for the Lord later for a long period of time. But, there have been many of all sports who have turned down pro careers because of Sunday play. It’s a personal decision and I’m not sure what your point about this is???

[grasshopper]

November 30

Thank you grasshopper for explaining things to me.

“I guess we’ll said. Except, what was your point? “

Point? No point sir. I just wanted to know what your reading comprehension level is.
Now I know. Thank you.

“That we should play on Sundays because there are former BYU players playing in the NFL on Sundays?”

Again, thank you for demonstrating what your reading comprehension level is. I appreciate it.

“The thing is, that is each person’s choice to work in the NFL. Oh ya, it is a job. They get paid very well for a short time of their lives. Then, they can work more for the Lord later for a long period of time. But, there have been many of all sports who have turned down pro careers because of Sunday play. “

Oh I get it now. Thank you Scott Gaven for making is so clear. When the Lord said that we should labor six days and rest of the seventh, he meant that it was okay if we made a lot of money for a short time. We could aways come back and obey his commandments later, when we are too old to disabay his commandment. I understand now. Thank you.

Thank you for explaining this so eloquently to me. I do learn much from all of your wisdom.

“ It’s a personal decision”

Oh really. I never thought of it that way. Thank you Scott. You mean it’s kind of like abortion vs a woman’s right to choose, as to what she does with her body. I get it now Scott. Thanks.

Indeed it is sir. Kind of like, “Free Agency to Choose good from evil, and being blessed accordingly for the choice we make by our creator.

"and I’m not sure what your point about this is???”

Try using context clues. If that doesn’t work for you, I just don’t know what else to suggest to you sir.

ah, We tried that. Big 12. No gays, no admittance. end of subject.

I had BYU at 6. If Cinncy gets a 7, BYU should be #6. Better O and D numbers and a better win, BSU.

Burn!, ouch Burn.

I still have BYU in the Fiesta

Thank you Chudd.

I really do appreciate you and your openness to some of my opinions. You seem to comprehend what I am trying to communicate.

Please try to explain to Scott Gaven, “grasshopper” what my intent is. He seems to miss my point in each of my postings, which are rarer and rarer all the time, due mostly lack of agreement or lack of understanding of too many on this site.

I want us, the fans, the athletes, and the University to be loved by outsiders as well as those of us from within. The P5 Conferences have demonstrated to us, that we need to change, (not our beliefs doctrine), but the arrogance by which we profess it.
We tend to lack humility and tolerance to the degree, that P5 conferences would rather not have to deal with it.

You still haven’t explained you point…

So, it’s a collective arrogance when BYU decides not to be hypocrites and to not play on Sundays. And yet, somehow an individual’s decision to be gainfully employed by the NFL, makes the entire Church membership arrogant and hypocrites. Your lack of logic and reasoning is astounding. But keep on with your delusions :joy:

Excuse me for breaking in Ron. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be “loved”. Some people, however, will never love you no matter how hard you try. The important thing is, that we never do anything evil, to precipitate someone hating us. The best part of football, for me, is when the game is over, the players shake hands and converse one with another. I would never like to see the church change their “no play” on Sunday. Keeping the sabbath day holy is an important directive that each of us must determine how we do that. On the other hand, I would never criticize a member’s decision to earn his living in the NFL or wherever. That is their personal decision and none of my business. Yes, arrogance is a sin and there is far too much of it in the world, everywhere, in the church and in the world. BYU needs to quit worrying about being a P5 team and just play a great brand of football. The fans when able, need to fill the stadium and the Marriott center every game so they have to enclose the stadium. Pretty soon, if we do everything right, maybe a P5 conference will come to ask us to join their conference.

Sr. Burton,
Thank you for your reply. I agree with most of what you say.
There are a few areas that each of us may respectfully disagree. Please read below:

“Excuse me for breaking in Ron.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to be “loved”.

I totally agree. We all need to be loved.

Some people, however, will never love you no matter how hard you try”.

I totally agree. I have experienced that on this site.

“The important thing is, that we never do anything evil, to precipitate someone hating us”.

Again, We are on the same page and with total agreement.

“The best part of football, for me, is when the game is over, the players shake hands and converse one with another”.

We can all learn so much about football. We learn to work as a team, and not just as individuals. We learn to give credit where credit is due, even it that credit is for the opposing team. We learn to love, respect, and appreciate our diversity in the members of the team. Yes, I totally agree with you.

“I would never like to see the church change their “no play” on Sunday”.

Neither would I, as stated in my post.

“Keeping the sabbath day holy is an important directive that each of us must determine how we do that”.

It’s much like the abortion issue of right to life vs. the woman’s right to choose. Right or wrong, one way or the other, we have our free agency to choose right from wrong and we will be judged accordingly by our maker. I do agree with you, that it is not to us to judge others. Judge not lest ye be judged.
What we do is between the doer and his/her maker.

In my opinion, I do far worse than breaking the sabbath which is meant to kept holy.

try to make up for it by doing good, however, while doing that good, I do realize that I am still breaking the Sabbath.

“On the other hand, I would never criticize a member’s decision to earn his living in the NFL or wherever”.

Neither would I.
If you re-read my post, I did not criticise the players.
I only noted that we have outstanding members that do play on Sundays.

My guess is, that they, like me, do far worse with other things, but make a great contribution to our society with their talents while doing so. I do not judge them. I only observe them.

“That is their personal decision and none of my business”.

I totally agree with you. It is between them and the Lord.
You, me, or anyone else should not judge them. I love them.

“Yes, arrogance is a sin and there is far too much of it in the world, everywhere, in the church and in the world”.

I totally agree with you, but in my post, I was not being concerned with the rest of the world. The rest of the world will do that which it will do. My concern is how we are perceived, right or wrong, by those that are the decision makers in all the P5 conferences.

“BYU needs to quit worrying about being a P5 team and just play a great brand of football”.

Respectfully, and I really do mean respectfully, this is probably the only place that we disagree (My post and your reply).

Pardon me if my arrogance is showing.
We are too good of a people, a University, a team, a religion to only do what is easy for us to do. We are too good, to not try to be all that we can be, if the right amount of effort is put forth, and done so, in the right way.

“The fans when able, need to fill the stadium and the Marriott center every game so they have to enclose the stadium”.

That would be nice.

“Pretty soon, if we do everything right, maybe a P5 conference will come to ask us to join their conference”.

This is exactly what my post is all about. We all, the fans,
the athletes, the coaches, the University, and the Church,
should want to do exactly what you stated for the reasons that you stated.

Thank you for your reply. I enjoyed our communication

Ron Uharriet.

grasshopper,

Please ask Sr_Burton, or Chudd, of fish, or Boise Coug, aro, or thawk, JCoug,
BYU Campus, or dew to explain the “Point” to you.

I am not capable of teaching you how to understand. I do not understand your level of comprehension skills. Most people can figure out discussion points with the context clues presented.

I don’t know if it will ever work or not, but try to read, and re-read, and keep re-reading until it may begin to sink in. I don’t know what else to suggest. Keep trying.

I think we are doing what we can do. Just play P5 teams and win those games and conferences will want us in. Really you don’t want a team in a conference that loses to secondary programs. But we are on the right track

Sr_Burton,
Thank you for your reply;
I totally agree with you.
Ron