BYU D was porous again

In the section “USF in game comments” in post #21 I wrote this, “Someone has to come up with redzone plays that will turn into more touchdowns. It can’t be that hard. Maybe Grimes needs to get off his hit and come down to the field and get a better feel for what the players are feeling and a better feeling for the game.”

That was the first time. There are a couple of others as well.

Yes he is doing fine. Did someone say he had a flue against Toledo? He will do fine going forward.

I couldn’t believe that last review when they gave us the 1st down but PUSHED IT BACK 1 YARD and 4th down. Come on, how can they review that? Now we have to deal with them next two games usu & sdsu.

Arkiecoug,

I found something that I may agree with you.

I thought that Romney was fanstic with the 1,2, release each down. The Bronco did not have time to figure out what we were going to do. 1,2, release. 1,2, release. It didn’t matter if he was handing the ball of to a running back, throwing it to tight end or wide receiver, or runnning the ball himself. It was always 1,2, release. The Bronco defense never new what was happening.

I have to agree with you on this one. Finally we are on the same page.

Thanks. Ron

dew, I agree.
I don’t think that he is completely 100% yet. He is not quite as good as his first 3 games. He is still good and I am happy to have him.

it was a “flag” challenge by the HC of Boise State and it is one of the few calls they can challenge.
I did not think we made it, the official coming him had him marked not making it, but like all things human, the placement of the ball on the field was set down wrong.

I have no problem with your response, Thank You!

I think everyone has a slump, kickers included.
The one problem with field goal kicking is it not just the kicker that can miss the FG, bad snap, wrong placement by the holder, kicker not kicking it correctly…

Floyd, John Brady, fish, tlarimer, dew, Sr._Burton, texcoug, grasshopper, and arkicoug.

Floyd quote: “I think they used what was effective, the run.”

I thought the game vs #14 Boise State was a fun and entertaining game to watch. I liked the production of our running backs, our tight end, our wide receivers, our QB and our defense.

I loved the early release each down from our QB. It was 1,2, release each time. He did not give the Boise State Defense time to respond. I thought he was fantastic for a first time starter that may have been 3 or 4 on our debth chart. I liked him a lot.
I see different alliances or at least different groups united as to opinion, knowledge, and desires.

I see Texcoug, grasshopper, and arkicoug in one group

I see Floyd, John Brady, fish, tlarimer, dew, Sr_Burton in a different group.

While I probably would not be accepted in either group, I feel much more in tune with the said Floyd group. I am probably most like Sr_Burton. I also like the contributions of John Brady, fish, charmer, and dew.

I find it too difficult to understand where, the other group is coming from. I don’t understand enough of what their point is to agree or disagree. Out of my own lack of understanding I find that I disagree with that most that I can not comprehend.

I would like to understand and appreciate, and learn from all posters on this site. I will try to improve my comprehension skills.

Ron

While I did not agree with each referee decision in favor or the Broncos or the Cougars, I did feel that they at least tried to be fair and showed no real favoritism for one team over the other. Over all, I can not find too much to complain about. Each team had things go against them that may have gone the opposite way.
Each team had things go their way, that might have gone the other way. No complaints.

fish,

I don’t see this call as a gutsey call. I see it as the only intelligent call to make.

To kick the ball away with 2 minutes on the clock and a score of 28-25, the Bronco’s would have posession of the ball for the rest of the game and with 2 minutues left of the clock and with their remaining time outs and with their capibility of picking up 5-8 yards per run play, the could have scored and won the game.

With the so called gutsey call, of (going for it) on the forth down with less than a yard to go for a first down, and keeping control of the ball and the clock, this was the only sane call to make against a very good Boise State Team. This was a great performance by our players and our coaches.

You have great comprehension skills. It is difficult for fans of a certain team to view a game dispassionately and not be led by emotion. Hopefully most officials have this quality. I feel I have a lot better insight watching an Alabama/Clemson game than I do a BYU game. Last night was an exception, as I have a great deal of respect for Boise State. BYU simply outplayed them even though the stats refute that except for the turnovers. Which were huge. I believe BYU simply wanted this game more for whatever reason

Ron: “I see Texcoug, grasshopper, and arkicoug in one group. . . . I find it too difficult to understand where, the other group is coming from. I don’t understand enough of what their point is to agree or disagree. Out of my own lack of understanding I find that I disagree with that most that I can not comprehend.”

Me: I try to damp down my 175 IQ but don’t do a very good job sometimes. You are not the first one not to be able to comprehend what I say or write. Some people simply are not on par with my intellect.

Ron, don’t know why you wanted to throw bullstuff my way, but I am very capable of giving as good as I get. Preferable to me not to throw hate at each other but I will leave it to you, either way is fine.

He missed another one against USF and lost that game as well. Had the flu is no excuse.

It was a couple inches to the line. Why did they move to the one yard line?

Arkie,
First, Ron is up in the age bracket, that may have something to do with you being added to that group.
Personally, I like Ron’s posts, I think he comes up with some good points, while at times I do not always agree with him, but that is okay.

I will say, that you do write a bit cryptic and negative posts. Just look at your first post in this thread as an example.

This last game was a game of ebbs and flows, BYU offense played well in the 1st and 3rd quarters, while BSU offense played well in the 2nd and 4th. The defense also alternated quarters of playing well.

you blame the Oldroyd for the miss FG, the issue with that is that it takes three people doing their job in sync timing, one person does not do their job, something happens. BTW, BSU kicker also missed a FG, so if he had made that, would we be talking about a win today?

BTW, everyone said BSU would eat BYU alive last week, well I guess everyone has an opinion.

I think BYU could and can beat USU next week if they play the way they did this past Saturday,

Stop using the flu as an excuse. He missed another one against Boise that could have been a loss as well. 4 misses inside the 40. Find a short field goal kicker. No more excuses.

Oh stop! Those were all kicks from short distances. He simply missed. He’s lost his accuracy and his confidence. Give someone else a chance.

First, BSU also missed a FG in the 1st quarter, that could have turned it into a loss as well. Which by the way was caused by the long snapper doing a high snap, so the holder had to reach for it.

second, it takes three people to make the FG, the long snapper, the holder and the kicker. To blame the kicker solely is not right and shows your lack of understanding the kicking game.