BYU guard Jesse Wade entering transfer portal

I hope the two of them discussed Conner leaving BYU before he did. It’s either a selfish move or a future monetary move playing overseas.

yes, that was a surprise.
I see this whole thing as a "freeing up some schollies for much needed talent. Pope is as hot of coach as any out there and should see plenty of interest from good talent. We were glutted at the “2” and “3” and very weak at the Point. Pope knows we need speed and none of the 4 that as leaving have any speed to speak of.

With a core of Lohner, George , and hopefully Barcello coming back, BYU needs a med sized true Point as well as some real inside talent, Sorry Harward, you never really developed.

As long as the point guard does not come from Utah, right? I mean Utah does not have very good players according to some “experts”.

I’m rubbing off on you :joy:

You would be correct Floyd. It’s good to see you are finally seeing the light and understanding what it will take for BYU to rise up in the college basketball ranks.

Did he mean the State of Utah or U of U?

The plot thickens…Averate is a solid, “movin on”. Harding still has me questioning his move and he may just be venting but returning. Haarms staying for now. Barcello 50/50.
Matt Haarms may stay one more year at BYU, but four Cougars may leave early (sltrib.com)

I say we improve over last year and have a great Point come to Provo and are ranked

What does:
Steve Craig,
Fred Roberts,
Ken Roberts,
Mike Maxwell,
Mark Durrant,
Gary Trost,
Russell Larsen,
Randy Reed,
Robbie Reed,
Chole Child,
Nathan Cooper,
Travis Hansen,
Melekli Wesley,
Marty Haws,
Alan Pollard
All have in common?

They all came from Utah!

Granted, at the end Rose recruited to many from Utah and Idaho, but in listening to other NCAA coaches talk on the tube, they mentioned that one of their goals always recruit the best athletes from their home state because that is who put their butts in the stadium/Arena.

For your information in this year’s NFL draft there will be TWO players from Utah expected to drafted within the first ten picks (Sewell, Wilson). Not bad for having “No Talent”.

BTW, I was being sarcastic to your constant and vindictive behavior about Utah players.

None of them were very good point guards?

Vindictive - 1a : disposed to seek revenge : vengeful. b : intended for or involving revenge. 2 : intended to cause anguish or hurt : spiteful .

There is no “revenge” or “spite” involved here… at all. I am only speaking about reality and exposing what is DEFINITELY a problem that needs improving. If anyone would like to argue that talking point then I am happy to engage. There is no need to portray this as something it is not in order to defend or argue your perspective.