BYU vs. Gonzaga... nothing new to talk about

So the question becomes what if we get a more experienced team and we still can’t win the conference or tournament?

I agree we are young and my expectations are in check. But not all coaches agree with Rose. There is a wide variety of disagreement.

It’s fine to criticize Rose or anyone else. I still root for the team.

That is a very big question.
There is one year of the WCC years when the team has been NCAA Div1 average experienced. Another year close.
All the other years…like this year…young…

This is the new normal.
Yes the excuses keep coming instead of results.

Yes, they are “young” but so are other teams every year. An inexperienced and young Gonzaga team just got done dominating the aged and experienced St. Mary’s.

Having a “young” team is just another in a long line of excuses that fans like grasshopper have ready to go whenever the team underperforms. So basically these excuses pop up every season since BYU entered the wcc.

The excuses are old and tired… and they need to stop.

Yes. The way I see it, there is no reason we couldn’t perform at least on the same level as St. Mary’s and eventually gonzaga.

How on earth are we looking up to St. Mary’s continually? I mean we were never a great basketball school but come on.

Jimmermania seems like a long time ago…

We had one great year that ended in the sweet 16 because of poor depth. Jimmer was an aberration at BYU. We’ve never had great success here. I’ve gone back and we’re pretty mediocre. Not surprising really, we’re a natural underdog.

So we can either accept our role as underdog and chase good seasons or embrace being the underdog and chase great seasons. But we must adopt strategies that will allow us to do so.

We’ll have to agree to disagree.
Choosing the last three years (or whatever flavour of cherry you prefer) is what it seems to me you are doing.
To use a phrase from the Selection Committee.
Use the total body of work.
I referred to his overall record compared to Div1 Coaches for his career.
I referred to his overall record just in the WCC years…third every blooming year except one…is still above average…not what we expect from him…especially as the gap between first and second now appears to be growing…
BYU is now irrelevant nationally in bball…at least before he had them on the edge of relevancy…

Disappointing does not mean average let alone less than average…
Third straight year…NIT…I do love my NIT…

Well, had Bryant flipped up a layup we too would have beat St. Mary’s at least once. Which gives us hope for a stronger, more experienced and deeper team for next year understanding of the new offense and defense.

I don’t have a problem with NIT so that those players can work on their games to improve (outside wcc) for next season. If they win the wcc tourney then we are in the ncaa. Yes those players goal is play in the ncaa which I am fine with that but sorry “One And Done.” Hope I’m wrong.

And still lose to those future bad wcc teams "lmu, pacific and maybe pepperdine like in past. Lets hope not. We still got Pepperdine, SD and Portland before facing GU.