BYU vs. Gonzaga... nothing new to talk about

He still does. But he’s not ready. He obviously didn’t come out of high school with enough necessary skill. He’s having to learn them now. Give him time and quit filling his head that he’s great now and should play without competing for playing time.

LOL i havent seen one post that he is great now-what are you smoking Grasshopper😎

Every time you use the word Dastrup in one of your posts, I already know it is going to be nothing but nonsense. Do you just ignore the stuff that everyone else points out or what? or are you just trying to aggravate everyone?

You can’t possibly be this blind. :astonished:

The excuses people give for Dastrup not playing just are not correct. Rose is not the issue.
By the way, my son had hernia surgery yesterday again. He’s doing good. Should stop by :slight_smile:

I’m certainly not saying he’s great now. I’m saying he needs to be permitted to make mistakes on the floor in real-time game situations because he has the potential to be great and, much like Haws, is a bit of a headcase who needs confidence that comes from being on the court.

If we want to beat St. Zags and be more consistent against the bad teams we need an edge. 5 shooters who can still defend can provide that. If that means playing guys now who shouldn’t then so be it. I’m not even concerned about this year.

And again. I love Luke. I’ve been on that bandwagon all season. The man runs the floor, steadies the offense (even from the 5), and is an excellent team defender. I think they should be splitting minutes at the 5.

I would like the 5 man split up between Worthington and Nixon The 4 man Childs and Dastrup. Situations will be necessary to make adjustments to this.

That’s probably the correct break down.

The team is underperforming. If Rose had the players in the proper positions and had spent time developing them, this team would be winning games like today easily.

The season is almost over and BYU looks pretty weak.

He certainly deserves a spot on the team and he does give it all he’s got. I think it is a mistake that his minutes come at the expense of Dastrup but obviously I don’t know what I am talking about and Dastrup should be riding the bench because he doesn’t help the team, doesn’t practice hard and Rose doesn’t like him.

But then again, the coach is infallible and his record of success makes him immune from any suggestions for improving the team. It is a culture that 90% of the fans are totally happy with so that is how it will remain.

I am rooting for the wrong team. I think I will root for Villanova… good players who play as a team. No hero ball, no superstars, a coach who is not content with mediocrity.

Also, it’s a good thing that Gonzaga didn’t go with the strategy of letting Landale score at will like BYU did. The guy played 37 minutes and had all of four points. Gonzaga won by 13. Why do I care? because this discussion should include BYU and what they did to beat St. Mary’s or Gonzaga or what they did to win the wcc tournament or conference. Third place is as good as 7th… nobody cares.

I guess…20 - 7, isn’t that bad. Young team…Relax…

I think this is the closest you have come in years to acknowledging the obvious.
It is bad…
just not…“that bad.”

Three straight years with an NIT.
Five straight years with a record that spells NIT.

A team with almost no holdovers year after year in third place in a conference on the edge of being good.
A team that if it were good would be dancing every year because the conference is not that bad.
A team that if it were good every year would have the nation saying that that conference is pretty good reflecting its top three rather than its bottom dwellers.

A team that for the third straight year will have one of the worst records in the Dave Rose era…

Yes the team is bad… you finally acknowledge it…thank you.
just not “that bad.”
It is bad enough to make one catch one’s breath from the putrid smell.
Not bad enough to retch because it overpowers the senses…
But yes…the team is bad.

This team is another wreckage site in the aftermath of the LP3 debacle. How long is the program going to suffer because of that disaster?

I liken it to the fires and mudslides we have had around here. Saw the disaster coming but nobody did anything about it and look at the problems it has caused. Like that situation, I wonder how long we will feel the after effects of it?

Yes, it is a young team, but when is the last time BYU had anything different? Why can’t Rose keep a group intact and develop them? I understand the mission issues but kids can leave right out of high school now. Why don’t the QUALITY players, BYU apparently gets, stick around? Why do the Chatman’s, Bartley’s, Nielsen’s, Beo’s and others (Dastrup?) leave?

The wcc teams of the Rose era have been underperforming disasters… lots of potential that never lives up to the hype. It’s an increasingly tiring script that isn’t really a lot of fun to watch year after year.

One thing you can count on Coach Few to do is shut down the other team’s best player. Landale gets 4 and I think Eli got 4 in our loss. Genius Coach.

I keep pointing you that Yoli Childs came because of the LP3. Yes, as you say, It set BYU back to have Rose so in love with the them but there were a few good things that came out of this.

And looking at the stat from last night game. 6 Players played more minutes than those bench players - Yo 45, TJ & Eli 40, Hardnett 24, Worthington 17 and Seli 15. Worthington 1 Reb, 1 A, & 5 pts, Hardnett not a whole lot in other stats as usual (no problem), Seli 2 Reb, 1 A & ZERO pts, Yo 1 Foul & Eli 5 Fouls. This group was a head scratcher. Why Eli in foul trouble was maybe we didn’t have any of those bench guys involve to give some fouls to keep Eli in the OT? We know it doesn’t make sense playing near 40 minutes to those starters, nothing new here. And I know, that ONE GUY DIDN’T WORK HARD AT PRACTICE - NONSENSE!!!

Luckly we won but we are BAD as well all those BAD REFS!

Oh, so Rose isn’t the issue now. Glad you came over to the light side :slight_smile:

Where did I say or suggest this? He is the one that recruited the LP3 and was obsessed with the idea that they would take BYU to the final four. That obsession chased away a lot of good players before it became a train wreck. Rose is the train conductor so no… he is still an issue.

Not sure what you were talking about, but that’s nothing new.

I’ve found that I adopt a few teams every year regardless of how BYU does. It makes for a good change of pace.

This confirms you don’t understand. A younger team than Gonz. and SM and first year with new offense and defense. Next year we will dominate.
Props to Rose from being bullied by non-coach fans who only want to cause contention amongst players. Props to this year’s players for also not allowing the peanut crowd to lose their focus. Now, let’s watch them finish by winning the WCC tournament:-)

The only one that has done real well is Chatman. No big deal…