BYU vs San Fransisco

What is going on here???

This is a bad start even for us.

Luke looks off for some reason.

And as I’m about to post this all of a sudden we get going

.Okay, so 5 minutes into the game the Cougars have 2 points and they don’t look very good at all. Worthington not good at all but at least Nixon came in and hit a 3.

Now they are rolling with 8 points in a couple minutes.

Of course the thing we all hate about Haws is if he makes his first 3 he just starts flinging it up with reckless abandon. A big reason why this team remains mediocre. He turns into a ball hog.

Multiple poor shots and mistakes by Nixon, Seljaas, Cannon, Haws, etc. but no repercussions like we would see if Dastrup did any of those things.

That is why I am frustrated with this coaching staff and team. They throw the ball away, they can’t hit open three’s and there is no accountability unless your last name is Dastrup.

Hypocritical, disingenuous and fake. It’s embarrassing to be a fan of a team like this.

Is it not?

Om gosh… it is. Were you first to start this?

I apologize. I should have put mine in here but I didn’t see it when i posted.

Lol, it’s not a big deal, 1 minute difference.

I moved my frustration to your thread… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m trying to pinpoint what I’m most annoyed about with whateverv I’m seeing right now.

Faster ball movement might be the answer

I can tell you one thing. Worthington sucked when he was in there but played 5 minutes. Seljaas sucks even worse yet he continues to play. Nixon started good but stunk it up and stayed in there.

Dastrup came into the game, made a mistake and got yanked.

I am starting to really dislike Rose. He is not a good coach. He is mediocre.

BYU has 26 points on their home floor at halftime. Seljaas finally comes out after doing NOTHING. Rose hates Dastrup passionately and he is yelling at the refs now. He will not get better until he learns how to treat his players like men instead of scapegoats and stepchildren.

Dastrup will not get better until he is treated like the other players on the team. Rose is chasing him away.

It’s a disgusting performance. And I changed my mind. I think the biggest problem is the spacing. They are collapsing on our passing lanes making the windows too tight. The only way to fix that is making your threes. Our bad shooting is trending.

Watch how they pack things to jam our passing and interior scoring.

Hit threes and that dies

I agree but that puts BYU in a bad situation… having to make a 3. They don’t do it when they have to, in fact they don’t do it period. BYU, like I said in posts last game, is such an easy team to prepare for. You absolutely know what their game plan is every time. I was calling substitutions and plays all game long. It is boring and predictable. There is no adjustment or preparation on the part of this coaching staff.

They just never look ready or able to change things up when necessary. One thing they could do is adjust to the officiating, which is crappy every game and typically favors BYU opponents. I know that is hard but they have to find a way to do it. Yoeli charges and then holds his hands up like he doesn’t think he did. That was actually the right call so the coaches need to explain to Yoeli what a charge is so he doesn’t do it next time.

This team just has no chemistry. Bryant could do more if Haws didn’t try to be the man every game. He hits one shot and tries to take over the game. It is a losing recipe.

Wow, horrible start to he second half. What kind of stupid offense is BYU trying to run right now?

This team is looking worse as the season progresses, not better.

I think it might help if Rose loosened up a little. He looks like he is so tight all the time. Of course that comes from not being consistent with your players. The elephant in the room is Dastrup. Everyone knows Rose is screwing that situation up, including Rose himself, and it is causing unnecessary stress and tension.

Oh well, can’t say I didn’t know this was coming. It’s a bummer to watch it unfold but there it is.

It’s necessary. They fall way off our bigs and jam passing lanes. We need spacing. It’s essential

I do agree our adjustments are lacking.

And yes chemistry isn’t what it was at the beginning of the season. Let’s figure this out.

I am typically in the camp that BYU gets the bad end of officiating but over the last several minutes USF is getting ripped off on the calls and they are still only down by 3. BYU has a hard time putting teams away but that is what we have this season. I don’t think they are capable of doing that this season.

Does Haws style his hair with a combover? I’m not sure that is the best way to keep from looking like you are 45 years old.

BYU is down by one with 10 minutes to go and we haven’t seen Dastrup the entire second half. What a travesty…

Lastly, I haven’t seen this many bad passes and decisions in a long time.

BYU looks horrible.

Someone tell me that Rose isn’t stressed out to the max. He needs to take responsibility for his poor decisions and realize that his stress is self created. If BYU loses this game it is because he treats Dastrup like dirt and nothing more. All of the problems are rooted in his handling of that situation.

Grasshopper can say all he want about Dastrup not “earning” playing time in practice and Bergeron should be playing more because he “looks like” he has earned time in practice. Obviously the hopper has no idea what is going on. The elephant in the room…

1 Like

Wow, BYU pulls to within one point because of crappy officiating and then lets USF go for an easy layup.

What kind of defense was that on an inbound play?

Talk about having a chance when you don’t deserve one…

and there ya go, BYU gets to overtime because Bryant bails them out. Better to be lucky than good sometimes.

Exciting game but if I were a USF fan I would be livid at the officiating. Even in OT BYU is getting all the calls.

What a terrible call to end the game. That is disgusting. I have never wanted a BYU opponent to win more than I do for USF right now.

You’re a little overboard. I’m frustrated by many aspects of Rose’s coaching but it’s only because they have so much potential, including him.

• Haws is improving, given minutes, dastrup could as well.
  • Bryant looks off since he got whacked in the head. He still hit the big shot though.
  • the officiating was wildly inconsistent.
  • wow turnovers. I see it as a result of late passes and crowded lanes.

USF screwed up there at the end multiple times. He shouldn’t have shot the lay up, dribble and force the foul because the clock was the bigger deal. Also how on Earth do you leave BRYANT wide open from three. There were a few other huge mistakes in ot.

The first non-emotional response and the first to make sense. Faster ball movement without all the dumb passes. 19 turnovers and mostly poor passes. The problem is everyone is doing it. So, according to our resident Einstein, only the bottom 5 would have played. Starters would all be benched.

So, besides better passing as you pointed out, we lacked focus today. Not paying attention to SF’s defense. That has to change but good shout out to the team for not folding and coming back to win!

The reason BYU won is the officiating. USF played well enough to win the game and BYU was bad. There is incentive for the league to make sure they stay relevant. It is all about money. That win was a gift from the officials. If it had happened to BYU, fans would have been livid…

Shout out to the refs…

So I was at the game. I may have missed some things. It appeared to me the officiating was inconsistent especially in stretches one way or the other. So it’s possible I’m wrong.

We can agree we did not deserve to win that game. Honestly, I felt like we would lose 10 minutes in.