BYU vs. St. Mary's Gaels predictions

Another thing that is interesting is reading other teams fan boards. If anyone thinks I am biased regarding officiating and the opponents coach and players, etc. you should read Gonzaga’s fan board for example.

I read a few posts about the game vs. USF and the fans went on and on about Holmgren getting mugged and how concerned they were for his safety, LOL. Also they talked about how the officials let the game get out of control and the elbow to the nose play wasn’t Nembhard’s fault, it was the refs fault for letting the game get out of control. Also, how biased they were against Gonzaga especialy in the second half!

Are you kidding me? Gonzaga had 2 fouls called on them in the second half with less than 5 minutes to go. The flagrant foul was the third foul of the half! USF had 4 times as many fouls called with 8. I do know that whenever I perceive bias against BYU I make sure the stats back me up for the most part.

Anyhow, we are all biased for our team but some of these guys are whack for sure.

And they say the same thing about you :smiley:
The thing is, you don’t always have the facts to back you up. Well, you do have the emotional facts for sure. But, you are a fan…

The biggest difference here is that I see things that are going on that most fans don’t. You fit into the “most fans” category so you don’t see the game the same way that I do. Mostly this stems from you not having played or officiated. You only see it from the perspective of a coach (of 30 years ago) and a fan. I have played, officiated, coached and been a fan so I have a more encompassing perspective.

The truth is that stats don’t tell the whole story of a game, something you would understand had you viewed the game from multiple perspectives.

It is okay though, I welcome your limited perspective nonetheless.

You sure do see things for sure. Medically, we call this condition, “visual hallucinations.”
:rofl:

Come now, you don’t have to have played organized grade school basketball to know like you do. We all have played enough basketball in our youth and intramural to know what a foul is and what isn’t a foul. And, we all know officials (umpires like Floyd) are blind. Being an official doesn’t mean you know what a foul is or you would not be complaining about the OFFICIALS! I’d call that circular complaining. In fact, your perspective may be tainted because you have been an official, whether good or bad.

I’m the one that said stats don’t tell the story. Now you are finally understanding. Sometimes a team just commits a lot of fouls and the other team doesn’t. Why do the foul numbers have to be equal?

I do welcome your perspective even though it’s basically visual hallucinations :upside_down_face: