Covid 19 and sports

I don’t want to respond completely because this information, if true, is troubling. Ironically he was given a temporary reassignment to the very mission you mentioned but a few days later he was told he would be going home to self isolate for a couple weeks. He is home, stays in his room for the most part, and studies the gospel. :He is doing his best to be obedient. He is wearing his missionary tag and everything. He was well prepared to be a missionary and was 100% dedicated and loved his time in the mtc in mexico city. He flew back to Santa Barbara last Tuesday night with another new missionary who had been in the mexico city mtc for only two weeks and was supposed to serve in Chile. My son was scheduled to go to the D.R. (dominican republic) this coming week.

As of right now we aren’t sure what is happening beyond the 2 week self isolation…

There is prophecy about in the last days missionaries would return home from all over the world. I can see where if the world becomes ensnared in hypochondria that this can happen. We are being re-engineered into a state of hypochondria. :angry:

Sounds like he has been reassigned, then? Or, are you not sure of the departure date, etc.?

This sounds a bit scary:

An entire society becomes hypochondriacs. Pathetic!

Since I don’t see well, do people wear mask? Yeah that would be scary. You imagine living in New York City not me

I read today that it is suspected that China has been cooking the books when it comes to deaths of the Wuhan area. China says that they had a total of 2500 deaths in Wuhan.
Numbers that have been smuggled out of Wuhan, cause if you get caught talking, you die…are north of 40,000 deaths. This number comes from the 11 mortuaries, the number of urns that have been released to families each day as everyone is cremated as well as the activity of the crematories and furnaces.
here is an unvarified different article:

At any rate, the youth here in Utah are not spacing, they act like this is some kind of spring break and have not concept of what they might be carriers of. The numbers are just starting to multiply, we are several weeks away from the really big numbers but they are coming.

Maybe, maybe not. And, I don’t believe a thing CNN puts out. However, Fox has reported the same things about China. Of course you know what they say. If you eat bats, bats will eat you :bat:

A good website to keep track of the statistics is worldometer for your info

Remember, the real number of people who have had the bug is 10 or 20 time what is given. The ones that haven’t been able to take the tests. So, the real percentage of deaths is more like that if the flu.

According to my daughter who is the medical field, masks only works for those who have coughs, they don’t really protect you against the virus because it does not cover your eyes…

So, I guess it is up to what you believe.

Thanks Fish, now I feel really “Good”… You are such a light in the dark tunnel… LOL.

No just giving you a hard time. Thanks for sharing, I had my thoughts that maybe China was not as upfront as they might have been. I wonder if this actually was happening before they said it did?

I mentioned several days ago that I didn’t buy the numbers coming out of China. The WHO also lacks credibility. They have been running cover for China ever since this started. I read several articles yesterday about the numbers being way understated concerning China. If they are being under reported by 15-40 times that means they have 1-3 million infected not 82,000. The US overtaking China in number of cases is based on numbers supplied by China. Regardless of what WHO and most of the media reports the US is way behind China in number of cases and deaths.

I was grateful President Nelson called on the entire Church membership and others of faith to join in a fast this past Sunday. It may be that the only thing that breaks this plague is faith, prayer, and the power of The Priesthood.

I have read and understood mask won’t work to protect ourselves.

Yep! Wear goggles too. Space suits or underwater helmets so we don’t touch our faces.

November is most likely. Planes were flying out of Wuhan then too. But, once it got out, the Communist leadership saw it as a way to tank our economy. They knew we were hypochondriacs and too fearful of dying. My dad fought in WW2 and said the orientals have a different belief about life and death. That’s why the Japanese had no problem flying planes into our ships. And here we are. Hunkered down, economy tanking and afraid to breathe.

I just saw a couple of churches are holding church services in their cars all lined up like the old outdoor drive in theaters. Sounds like a plan! We should do it! Their sacraments are in sealed containers too!

then why do way more than 90% of humans who have been identified with it survive? and why do most people who get it not even know they have it?

Look, you can believe what you want, that is fine with me. I have three people in the medical field that has told me some things that the Press has not reported. I have a son in law on the front lines as an RN.

So believe what you want…

Having said that, we really do not know what the death toll is, because now we are finding out that China padded it numbers downward. Spain and Italy do not use the virus as a cause of death.

What I do know? Is that we are far from being over with this virus, it has not peaked yet in this country. Add to that, and I am not trying to be rude, but the American people are lazy (don’t exercise on a regular basis), eat all kinds of junk food which really has no nutrition value whatsoever. If you talk to the doctor’s before this virus, they would say being overweight is the biggest issue of health for Americans.

So now, the American are hit with this virus, and when it does it’s peak, people are going to die at an exceptional rate.

BTW, researcher in China, Korea, Japan and other countries are now finding out that even you survive this virus, it has a good chance of damaging your heart muscles. Think about that!

You are correct-we don’t know what things are going to look like in even a week, so I would advise people to take social distancing seriously, but you know, a lot of people only care about themselves so they won’t and if it doesn’t harm them it may harm someone they have exposed. What many people don’t take into consideration is that percentages when you compare deaths with people who have the virus are relatively low, but that includes people who have the virus still active in their systems. Compare the rate of death to those that have rid themselves of the virus and it would be significantly higher. Your various links that you have posted are appreciated, so keep up the good work and stay well