Final thoughts on end of the regular season

Tenn & USC didn’t do very well this year. Next year they will be better. When you start those early P5 games and you will see our players going to be beat up (injuries) or RUN OUT OF GAS like you always say that. I see our offense will be better next year but DEFENSE is a concern plus Coach Kalani Sitake childhood friend DC will be the same no show all 4 qtrs, not like Roger French nor Bronco M. DC style.

Anyway, we have another 8 or 9 months to let those coaches and players to figure out on their own.

those that play big time sports know what momentum is. These losses are attributed to freshmen and coaches who don’t know how to manage freshmen.

We will also be better. I’m disappointed that Sataki has taken so long to learn how to win more often. However, it did take Whittingham about 3 years to win consistently at Utah.
I remember one interview in his first year, we had some losses and then a new runningback had a good game. Sataki said he was the key winning games. At that point, I knew he didn’t see the entire picture. Not sure he he sees it now. The question is will he next year so we can win those games like Utah and Boise.

Same with Lavell Edward in the 70’s when he became HC. It takes time and we have to understand those P5 schools has better coaches and player. Those players are bigger and faster today than it was during Lavell days.

I’m not ready to pull the plug on Coach Kalani Sitake but he needs to find a new DC. Again, I know it is his childhood friend.

Its more about recruiting and depth. So long as BYU is an INDY without P-5 conference status we can’t recruit the depth that we need.