Gonzaga is a more formidable opponent

I saw this guy last year at SMC for the 1st time “no kidding.” When I observe that guy on espn at smc gym, he had this favorite whistle toy in his mouth before the game even started. He was smiling and feeling the love to get ready to blow this thing and the ESPN Cementer can tell what will happen duiring the game. When I observe before the game even started, I felt the crap feeling. Sure enough the game was ugly. I never knew about him until just that last year you guys mentioned again about BN and I was lucky that espn zoomed on him before that game last year. BN has been around when we were in the mwc and not know about him. When will he retire???

tlarimer: The 5 comment you said is pretty much what this commish would say. WCC is on the rise - PLEASE NOT THAT ONE. Get my BYU out of this wcc rec league - “PLEASE”. Let Gonzaga have it. And those rec gyms are there to stay that way.

I know you are not kidding. That comment is spot on. They know exactly what will happen when the make some fancy or controversial call or some call that gets the crowd going wild. They know what a technical and a screaming coach will do for the tv cameras on themselves. I know all of this as well but thank you for describing the scenario and pointing it out to others who may not realize or understand it.

That is what I meant by can’t handle it. They lose their objectivity and fairness at the expense of being on the big stage and cameras of ESPN. They want the limelight and completely throw objectivity and fairness out the window.