How are you Sports Fans doing?

hey at least they hired a new RB coach (Unga) :laughing:

That’s a good hire…

Unga is one of my all time favorite players. When healthy, he is the 2nd best RB in the history of BYU. Here are the top 5:

1. L Staley
  2. H Unga
  3. J Williams
  4. J Willis
  5. M Bellini - more of a pass catcher but was awesome. He’s a small tick above Curtis Brown for me.

It’s too bad Jamaal wasn’t injured as much. He was special.
How come no Todd Christensen? He had the best NFL career of them all.

Yes, he was awesome. Wasn’t he more of a Fullback who didn’t touch the ball much? He was a little bit before my time as I didn’t see him play at BYU. But one of my BYU buddies knew Todd through Todd’s adult life. Todd was in the Bishopric of my friends’ singles ward. Todd was always very compassionate to my friend even well after he was released. My friend has always had some issues but is a good guy in his core. Todd mean the world to him.

There were a couple other great RB’s that didn’t last that long. Brian McKenzie and Ronney Jenkins. Late 90’s, I believe. Both were very talented and did some great things. BYU has actually had really good RB’s over the years.

I like your top five in that order but I take number 5 Lakie Hamuli sp? in the 80’s

He was the lead blocker for Staley.

Opened some good hole for Luke.

I was at the 2001 BYU-Utah game as home. We won…24-21 I believe. Staley took a pitch from Doman 40 yards to the house with about 90 seconds left. Then our defense hung on. I was there with my brothers on a guys trip and we all stormed the field. Totally awesome for some guys in our 30’s and 40’s to experience that together. Do you remember that game?

1 Like

Todd was the half back. He had no moves to either side. He just lowered his head and ran over people. He had great hands and runner after the catch. Everyone knew Dallas should have made him a TE. The Raiders figures it out and he made history there.
Jenkins played at a local high school here. He once ran for 600 yards in one game. I used to go to a ward building in Oxnard to watch games. His mom, dad and grandmother would be there watching. They were so happy he was at BYU far away from his homies and girl friend. But, she visited him and that was the end. Too bad…

Oakland Raiders was my second favorite team in the Bay Area and I do remember Todd C. days. I think Marc Wilson and Todd were in the same team at the same time good memoriesu

Marc took Jim Plunkett’s place. He would have had a great career but threw too many interceptions.

Floyd: I do miss the BYU baseball, I was looking forward to it. Not too much MLB. texcoug1492

I thought we were position to have a really good team this year…

I hope so. I am most interested in whether there is a real QB battle. If so who will be our starting QB?

Wilson. End of story… :slight_smile:

Hopper - You have to admit that there was a different vibe when Romney was in at QB. He did a great job in leading us to the BSU win. Yes, I know Wilson was solid against USC and Tenn, but I wasn’t impressed with him in the other games. I’m voting for Romney to start this season.

He broke his thumb. He also has a much higher upside than Romney. He has to start but prove to the arm chair coaches that he belongs as the starters.

Anyone catch that article about the antibodies study in the Bay Area that says the number infected with COVID-19 is actually 85 times greater than being reported? That would make the COVID19 less deadly than the flu. While you are stuck at home, look it up.
Seems it kills in a different way than the flu. Like SARS.

Actually the article said 50-85 times greater, and the sample was not a random sample so there needs to be additional testing done to really verify the number, but I think the general point is valid and backs up what a lot of us have thought already: there have been a lot more cases out there than the actual tested number indicates–people that contracted the virus but never had symptoms or the symptoms were so mild they didn’t realize they had it.

Nonetheless, the virus is devastating to some. I know personally two people who have suffered from it. One who was the first Wall Street executive to die of the disease, and another who works on the front line in the medical profession here in the Portland metro area.

More people die from the flu so any illness to some can be devistating. More people die from suicide and if the shutdown continues, that will double. Deaths from spousal abuse is up. Until we have better things to cure the symptoms and a vaccine, some will have to take more precautions. The vast majority should not be put through this dictatorships from mayors, governors and medical bureaucrats :slight_smile: