How to Avoid the NIT

Once again, a response from a novice. Yes, it takes a while. Perhaps you forget the Paul Westpal experiment with the Lakers. In that case, the micro management hurt the players because they weren’t accustomed to his style of play.
Sometimes the players don’t all fit a particular system just like in football :wink: it takes a while to learn the system or recruiting has to go for players that will fit the system.

Hope that helps you :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ahhh… another convenient excuse as to why BYU can’t win or even finish second in the lightly regarded wcc. When is honestly going to be part of your reply. Like Aro said, BYU didn’t have this problem in the MWC, arguably a much better basketball conference than the WCC.

I say Rose has lost his edge and he isn’t getting the most out of his players or his teams. The post Jimmer issues continue to plague his teams. So go ahead and make the claim that it is because the players have to learn some complicated, difficult defensive scheme… I don’t believe it. What I do believe is that there is always some lame excuse for the teams underperforming ways… for why they lose to teams like Pacific and other mediocre teams in conference games.

No excuse. You simply don’t understand the process changing emphasis. I understand why and have previously explained to you :slight_smile:

Nah… I understand your process exactly. It is about CHANGING the EMPHASIS of the excuse each season. This season it happens to be “learning a new defense”… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He hasn’t lost his edge. He’s simply able to make changes when necessary. It wasn’t just a defensive change. It’s also the offense that has changed. It just takes time to make those changes. A shot here and a stop there and we would be 4-0 not having this discussion. Patience is a virtue. Foreign to you but not former coaches :slight_smile:

Wow! just too funny and actually a little sad because this is the EXACT same thing you have been saying every season for the past 6 in the wcc. Unfortunately, it is always “a shot here or a stop there and we wouldn’t be having this conversation”. EVERY SINGLE SEASON!

That is called a pattern of results and I’m not buying it anymore. It’s nonsense.

The go hard go fast on the basketball court hasn’t gone well since we have been part of the WCC. That’s because the rest of the league was playing slow down patience offense and team play. So, now we finally try the same angle and you can’t acknowledge this is the first year trying it with more emphasis on defense. And somehow “patience” isn’t a virtue but something to mock? Hmmm…

:face_with_monocle: