In game comments 2019

True about willams not running enough. The difference was the turnovers. Two pick 6’s and a fumble in the red zone. 21 points. 2 turnovers and only 7 minutes for the offense in the 2nd half. Clean up the turnovers and we can beat the next 3 teams.

Just because can’t see it, doesn’t make it not true.
I saw that he trip… sorry you eyes aren’t good.

Fish outside of Mica Simon’s, and Milne, did you see any other WR being used consistantly?

For whatever reason Wilson didn’t make a clean slide. Referees won’t usually give the offensive player the benefit of the doubt … in real time … if they suspect that there is a chance the offensive player is stretching the benefit of the slide into extra yardage.

A trip or even a thought that Wilson might juke wasn’t going to get a targeting call unless the hit took the head.

Floyd, the act of tackling can’t be stopped so another issue is that the U defender was actually in the tackling motion before the slide/trip/juke action was decided. It was started while the slide couldn’t definitively be defined.

I was happy with the pass selection outside of too many forced passes to Bushman. Gunner Romney had some good catches and Hifo will end up with the most catches this year. I think he had 6 in the Utah game.

Thawk,
That is a nice theory, but has no basis in the rules. This is one of things that is situational and timing. It also happens to be the new way of protecting the defensive players.
The rule is basic, a defender can not contact a sliding player (defenseless). It is the responsibility of the defender to AVOID contact at all cost.

That is why the NCAA has problems with rule. It is too broad in nature.

Too be fair, I called my friend who is a Big12 ref. I wanted to know if my understanding of the rule was the correct way. He confirmed my opinion.

This targeting rule puts all the responsibility on the defense.
How many times over the last couple of years we got upset because our players like Kia Nuccu get penalized even though it was apparent he was avoiding contact.

I don’t know if you believe me or not but I am sure the ref blew the call.

That is what I saw. Wilson was going to slide, then tried to get a couple yards, then slide. In slo mo, the Utah player hit Wilson in the rib cage then Wilson’s head came forward and hit helmets. If

I forgot about Romney. Thanks…
Until someone steps up… I have to agree with you about our offense.

Does anyone on BYU’s offense scare you? Someone asked the question last year, “Who are the playmakers”. Just who stands out as a guy that can break a big play?

Williams, Bushman, Hifo, Wilson?

On defense, Who are the playmakers? I know Tonga has not “Popped” like he did last year. Again, nobody scares me. I just know BYU is in its 2nd year whereby we don’t have a pass rush. Takitaki was the guy…then BYU had to move him to the middle to shore up the D, so I am at a quandary on who the identity of this team is. It may just be a very work horse team with few stars (like the ol air force teams)

He didn’t trip. He tried to stay up to cut right and was too far down. The announcers saw the same thing. That was no trip.

Romney. Wilson spread the ball around well.

Let’s talk about the hit. The defender ducked his head and head made contact with the belly and not the upper part of the body. And, if the player makes a move to get extra yards it’s not targeting. Your friend didn’t see the play. Give it a rest. You always have to be right.

That’s what I see each time I replay it. Thanks!

Is the lack of pass rush because of the players or the defensive system? The first half we stopped Utah. We lost primarily because of 2 pick 6’s and a fumble at the 20. They scored a third touchdown. 21 points off turnovers. Without turnovers we may have scored more points as well. As with every other loss to Utah, turnovers are the reason we lost. Pick 6’s have killed us.

I think the transfer from Sc. Could scare me if he actually as lily played more.
3 touches in the first half?
No receivers

Keep trying…
BTW, dropping your helmet is illegal.

I don’t think so, I rewatched that play around 30 times.
To me it looked he planted his right foot which makes sliding hard, dragging his left foot along the turf. Then he slide.

The defending had plenty of time to leap over him. But he dropped his helmet(which is illegal iteself)

You didn’t watch the play. He was avoiding leading with the helmet. No one has agreed with you yet. :-/~

You are really pathetic now. Everyone disagrees with you and you still try to prove you are right. You sound like grasshopper :slight_smile: