In game comments BYU vs Utah

Well one thing I can say, BYU will find new and inventive ways to lose games…

Seriously? what the hell happened to the defense?

1 Like

I dont know but I said this was BYU’s game to win or lose. It is like they rolled over and let the Utes go. Utah has played a terrible game and yet they are ahead.

Horrible play calling. He could have run for a first down on that third down pass and then they do the obvious run play and give the game away.

What a poorly called and played second half.

4th and 1 and they give it to the running back? Seriously? Why not do something with some sense like a QB sneak?

I hope Sitake sits down with his DC and fires his butt.

Yep… Down the stretch we had to play to our strengths. That third down pass Wilson should have run. This one hurts because we were up so much and still could not win because we played not to lose.

I wasted time watching this game, when I really needed to be doing something more constructive. Like needle point.

On a serious note, i just don’t care anymore. After losing my mother this week, it has put things into perspective.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

We lost to a better team.

Yes, sorry Floyd.

Call me crazy, but even up 20-0, I thought we had no chance. Utah is faster, stronger, more athletic, and much better coached. Throw in the refs (were they Pac-12?), and it’s not a fair fight.

So many college football rivalries are really not that. Utah-BYU, Va-Va Tech, Oh St-Mich, Aub-Ala, Or-OR St. Sure, some are more even but most aren’t.

Did you see Va blow it yesterday? Poor Bronco. They were up 7 with 1 min left. The Va Tech guy fumbles on the 5 and it goes into the end zone. If Va DB jumps on it correctly, game and miserable streak of 14 straight losses are over. But no, he missed the recovery, Va Tech lands on it for TD. Va Tech wins in OT.

Don’t agree. We lost because once again we are out coached. Bad play calling and same with the defense. I think we let them score so we could have a chance to score a touchdown and 2 point conversion. Should never have been in that position.

Did anyone have any doubt BYU would find a way to lose with a 20 point lead? Utah only had to play for one quarter to smack them down. So dissapointing yet so predictable.

The whole second half was just a disaster. Pure misery. Our play calling was just awful. Where is the creativity? 4th and 1 and you run a slow delay run up the middle? How stupid. And before that, the 3rd and 1 we run that terrible pass. How about the read option?

We lost because we lost focus. We lost because our defense “Quit”… that is pretty simple.

By the way, did anyone else notice the number of times that Utah Oline was holding on BYU and driving them to the ground?

As an official, It drove me nuts.

I disagree except for the coaching. What Utah did was play to their strengths innthe second half. After our last touchdown, we made bad calls especially after Hadley was injured. I wouldn’t have minded to see a trick play like a halfback pass. Nothing.

It was a PI, but with circumstances… Not sure if you could see it, as the BYU defender looked for the ball, the Ute receiver grab his arm so it appeared to be a PI…

Totally agree on the holding. Utah’s O linemen get away with mugging on us every game we play them. And don’t get me started about their DB’s against our WR’s. We need to get into the Mountain West Conf where we have conference officials that are hopefully impartial.

But refs weren’t the reason we lost. Coaching was. Period.

I agree. We tired out and they didn’t. But our calls on offense in the 4th quarter were bizarre at times. Even the last play. Get Wilson on the move.

Our Dline got blown off the line, Utah did not play to the strengths, because they were doing all game long. BYU defense Quit!

Agreed! I did say though at halftime the referees would do something to help Utah when they needed it.

Our defense was the biggest reason we lost. We need a legit DC. Fire him! We did have some dumb offensive play calls but far and away our defense and more specifically our DC killed us.

How can Katoa score 4 rushing touchdowns last week and not get hurt… and not play tonight?