In game comments BYU vs Utah

We lost to Utah because they have better coaches. Now I got a listen to utards brag to entire year

So Sitake says again on KSL that he is the head coach and it is his responsibility to stop the errors and make sure the team gets better. Can you say LIP SERVICE / coach speak week after week after week. It is sickening. Why doesn’t he get fired. He is responsible but doesn’t do anything. I know, not many LDS folks who could really be a HC. The DC should definitely be fired. The U of U just dominated the Y defense in the second half. It LOOKED like they just rolled over and gave up. The OC called mostly good plays in the first half but was really uneven in the second half. 8 consecutive losses, BYU is now little brother to U of U and to USU. Sucks big time. Maybe BYU should try to go into a G5 conference (I have been adamant against) because they might be competitive.

So sorry Floyd. My condolences and thoughts for your well being.

The thing is, did you see Utah do anything different on offense in the second half? I think we simply played prevent defense hoping our offense would continue to score points. It was our offense that got conservative. When Hadley went out, we relied too much on silly run plays that Burt wasn’t ready for. Utah was overplaying and he had cut back opportunities that Hadley was taking.
We needed more QB options and keeper plays to open up the receivers again like in the 1st half. Did you see that 3rd and 9 run by Burt called? If I were Sitaki I would of climbed up to where Grimes was and screamed at him! That was a Detmer type call.

Like me, you were blessed to have had your mother around for a long time. I lost my dad in ‘83 when I was 29. I would of welcomed his wisdom for a longer time. I did get a lot from my mother. I’m sure you did too. It takes some time to get past the loss but you will and continue now to be the old man in the family :slight_smile:
If things work out my son wants to meet up for the first game next year in Provo to see BYU thump Utard :hugs:

Kyle Whitingham knew Kalani style of football and Defense and KW knew what to do to get a win. Why did KW let him go at Utah?
Also, did BYU sat around during half time or celebrated before the fat lady sing (half time)? Coach Kalani need to let his childhood friend go. If Bronco M. was still coaching at BYU he would get this DC axed!

Amen, Miketi. Our second half play calling was terrible.

They never told us how Katoa got hurt or what it was.???

Katoa got hurt on one of the last plays of the game against NMex St. It is kind of like piling on here … but I thought that Katoa was over used … especially coming off an injury. Sometimes the BYU coaching staff … and I blame Sitake for this … keep players in the game and risk injury. Riley Burt should have played the last half of the 4th quarter. But they kept Katoa in the game and got him 4 TD’s. Terrible mistake coming off an injury and he was tired. I think if we had Katoa for Utah we probably would have gotten a close win. Very expensive decision … when Tanner went in Katoa and Hadley shouldn’t have played another down!