Interesting article about BYU and Power 5

Floyd, I offered to let it go but you are hell bent on continuing. So be it. Here is a challenge. You and I can take this to a physical level if you want. If that is your desire, I will give you my name, phone number and address and we can enjoy some pleasantries in person. How about it?

What is your age?

Been dealing with a personal friend passing away over the weekend, so i have not been really paying attention to the site.

I find it interesting that you call me on my ā€œmembershipā€ in the church and how I act as a ā€œholier than thouā€, now you want to have a physical fight? Wow, what type of member are you that you feel it necessary to threaten someone physically?

First, be careful of what you askā€¦ You do not know me, you do not know what I am capable of ā€¦
I am in the book, so if you feel the need to escalate this, then that is your choice, not mine.

I have not posted anything that I feel was inappropriate or was demeaning to others. Scott understands now what I was trying to help him understand about the sensitivity toward Ron. I may not have done it in the best way.

I enjoy a good banter between posters, Like Scott and I do on occasion. But Scott has never got personal,derogatory towards me nor has I in my opinion. We simply see things differently. Unfortunately, I can not say the same for you.

Now I am done with engaging with you by posting to your comments.

Careful, donā€™t get threatening. I got booted from a political forum for answering what I would do about the rioting.

I am not the one threatening, I simply told Arkie that if ā€œHEā€ wants to escalate the issue, that is ā€œHISā€ choice, not mine!

I do appreciate that even though we do not see alike, we could have a good debate and banter between us without getting personal about it.

Okay, Floyd and Scott, this little blossoming love-fest between you two needs to stop. Please get back to exchanges weā€™ve learned to appreciate and enjoy in the pastā€¦

We donā€™t have the problem. Arkiecoug is getting a bit personal and escalating with Floyd. Iā€™m trying to de-escalate it.

Can you believe it. Iā€™m the peacemaker :joy:

Floyd: " I find it interesting that you call me on my ā€œmembershipā€ in the church . . . " Me: Since I have no idea what your ā€œmembershipā€ is, how could I call it on you?

Floyd: ā€œFirst, be careful of what you askā€¦ You do not know me, you do not know what I am capable of ā€¦ā€ Me: You sound just like the bullies that I used to fight in junior and senior high school. But then you are one tough hombre arenā€™t you Floyd, you can threaten to beat up a little student and made him run away. All I did was give you an invitation which I notice you did not accept. And It is ME that you do not know what I am capable of. I offer and you threaten, wondered what kind of character you have, now I know.

Iā€™m still wondering how old you are? Honestlyā€¦

Still silent. Why wonā€™t you let us know your age?

Old enough to know better but young enough to not give a s%^&*

So, a millennial. If you know better then you also should know how to debate keeping things civil and not letting disagreements get to the point of physical threats. I donā€™t agree with Floydā€™s comments all the time. I think heā€™s soft on people breaking the laws of the land like illegal immigration. But, Iā€™m not going to threaten to kick his but either. Nor am I going to lower myself to that. Not necessary. He hasnā€™t done anything to warrant that.

1 Like

I agree Scott, we donā€™t always see eye to eyeā€¦ but we never lowered ourselves to escalate to physical violence.

There are some legal issues with this whole thing as well.

1 Like

Both of you (Floyd and Scott) are funny. I did not threaten anyone. I made an offer and that is all. Floyd has insinuated on at least 2 occassions that he could physically harm me. One of those times was when I offered to let the matter drop.

HOWEVER, for me this has been a hoot. I, from the start, wanted to see how far I could push Mr. Floyd, the paragon of moral righteousness. And I got my answer. Also interesting to see, from a psychosocial aspect, the slanted perspective of Scott in not reading, understanding and acting on the entire history of this issue.

For a last poke, Floyd, please, PLEASE bring any legal action you wish against me. I desire you to do soā€¦ Bring it big fella!!!

Now I get to see how slanted and biased the responses will bring. This helped to pass the time during my Covid quarantine but my 2 weeks is up and I am doing better. Say your best s@#$% but I am done with this ā€œthread.ā€ I have more interesting things to do now.

:clown_face: :partying_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :upside_down_face: :joy: :rofl:

You misunderstood again my efforts. I am simply attempting to stop the threats from both of you. Not to confront you.

Scott, I never threatened anyoneā€¦ I simply said to him, it was his choice to escalate, not mine.

So please do not insinuate that I threatened anyone.

This is what you wrote in post #23.

ā€œFirst, be careful of what you askā€¦ You do not know me, you do not know what I am capable of ā€¦I am in the book, so if you feel the need to escalate this, then that is your choice, not mine.ā€

And, Arkie responded escalating the situation. It is a threat. But, this whole thing reminds me of a cat fight. Heā€™s obviously has some issues. Although his original points are valid. You do have a propensity to aggressively go after anything I say. But, in his youth he is going overboard.

I could see where you think that is a threatā€¦ but it is not ā€œthreatā€ in legal terms.

It is a warning, same thing I told my kids when they were in high school ā€œBe careful of what you say or do around people you do not know, because you do not know how they will reactā€.

It would like you being at a party that is filled with liberals, you donā€™t know that before, so you start to spout your ā€œconservativeā€ valuesā€¦ it is not going to end well.

My warning to him that he should be careful what he says and does, because not everyone reacts the same way as you might expect.

I do come across as aggressive, I will admit that. But most of the time, it is not how I intended it to come across, just a matter of not having a better command of the language.

You and others have called me out on it, and I have had to rethink how I posts things.

Iā€™m glad you brought up Jim Hawks. Every single time that Jim said anything that was derogatory, and was called out for it. Jim took the moment to walk it back and apologize. He got his points across but he also made sure that he looked through the lens of the other person.

We all have emotions and we all get offended, that is just part of being human and having testosterone. So how about it. Floyd, How about it, Arkiecoug?

They have testosterone? Is it lethal?

:rofl: