Interesting take on BYU football recruiting

Me too for my teaching…I wonder what that would have cost? He is very creative and extremely impractical.

Ron, BYU is pretty much land locked from expansion. So increasing the size of BYU is not really an option.

Then happens to all those students that goes to those schools now? Is that fair to them?

I have a suggestion, instead of bending BYU standards to meet the people who really do not care about education. Why don’t we enforce these same students (who happens to play sports) to actually do their school work and improve thier GPA?
We can help them with tutors if need be, but make them accountable for their own GPA?

Novel thought.

Because they are only geniuses in their line of sports and should get preferential treatment :thinking:
The thing is, students in all disciplines have to take other courses of study and minor in something. They don’t take just history or math… Even in the old USSR, children taken from their homes to be gymnasts studied other things as well. I guess he’s interested in us becoming more like the USSR?

Sr_Burton

Surfing is not a bad thing. Like golfing, you make a lot of valuable
contacts, while enjoying life. How can that be all bad?

Floyd,

In a tiny way, we do have Provo High School.The house I use to live in while attending the Y is now a parking lot for the Y. Where there is a will, there is a way. The operative word here is “WILL”

I think she forgot to go to class😃

Kind of like analytics is what Lavell did.