Iowa State Predictions

No, The Oline coach (Weber) played favorites which upset Anae because he wanted the best players on the field.

Sorry for the confusion, “It’s Monday, what do you expect?” LOL

If you would bother listening to anyone in the know, injuries are a big deal including the line. Especially the defensive line. They are playing 3rd stringers fresh off their missions.

You might want to check the OL injuries as well, They are playing so out of position with 2nd and 3rd stringers too.

Yep, our RBs and WRs are banged up and is shows with dropped passes. But, even Roberts has whiffed passes too.

You might want to watch Matich today on BYUSN and hear what he has to say about the coaches and players including injuries.

Not sure where you are getting your information from. They have shifted players on the OL because of injuries. But, that isn’t really the problem either. If players aren’t doing their job, then they should be replaced, even with less talented players too. 2nd and 3rd stringers and see if they are more motivated to do their jobs better.

Matich said something that is true. Give the players and coaches some “Grace.” They are more devastated than the fans. The nutty fans who think they are god and can ruin people’s lives.

I based my response to your comment Scott:

Your comment was directly about my comment on the Offense.

The offensive line has had EXACTLY ONE player injured this year and that was Maile.

Nice attempt at side stepping what you originally posted, but still not sure how you think “injuries” is hurting the offensive line performance this year.

Again, never said anything close to this, I wondered if Kalani is on the hot seat because of how the team has imploded this year, but that all it is, just a question about his standing.

The only two “shifting” going on with the Offensive line is as follows:

1. Moved Pay back to Center and Maile to left guard. This was done because Pay is actually a better center than Maile and Pay has a lot more experience with the offensive scheme to make the right calls for the line.
  2. Caleb Etienne was moved from starting tackle to back up at the right guard spot.
    This was done for the simple fact Etienne whiffed so many blocks in the first three games, Kiem came in and replaced him.
    The current Offensive lineman starters are:
    LT Suamataia
    LG Maile/Fitzgerald
    C Pay
    RG Lapuaho (although he was hurt last week and they put Etienne in as his replacement)
    RT Kiem

Thus my original post: In Fal camp both ARod and Kalani boasted how talented and deep the position groups were on offense. ARod specifically mentioned that the O-line was the best he has had since he has been back at BYU.

Floyd the comedian is making me chuckle.

BYU football: Who will start vs. OU, Kedon Slovis or Jake Retzlaff? - Deseret News

This is TOO EASY

I still say run the option.

The option requires good blocking technique by the lineman… Have you seen any good run blocking from our O-line this year?

1 Like

Yes. Last game when we ran it. Either Ratzlaff or Robbins/Martin ran for 10 or more yards. We ran for 188 yards using it sparingly. What if that would have been our main focus and throw in the triple option pass when they began to defend for the option run. That wasn’t a question by the way. The run issue is when we try to run up the middle.