Jim, Sabonis picked 11th

I hope Hamson gets a shot at the 5 and Mika at the 4 :wink:

Has anyone seen Hamson practice with the team? Can he run the floor well enough to play in Roseā€™s system? He has scoliosis (back issues) which affected his High School game. Yes, heā€™s tall but until I see him play, I am not expecting him to have much impact this year.

Again, will Allen Hamson going to be in the roster? No update yet at the BYUAthletic link. I donā€™t believe he will play much but we can use him to disrupt those bigs in the paint and fly swatting and fouling wonā€™t hurt him and that way Mika wonā€™t have early fouls.

good points dewā€¦

I donā€™t imagine there is any space for a tall guy on BYUā€™s team. They usually want shorter guys that like to shoot a lot and canā€™t play defense.

In the wcc, trying to play interior defense only leads to lots of fouls, unless you are Gonzaga and then it leads to wcc titles and ncaa berths. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, the reason why GU wins every year is because they get talk talented and skilled players. Glad you finally understand :slight_smile:

It has reached the point that it is obvious to everyone that you simply donā€™t want to understand. No one is that clueless.

Black is back!!! And clueless as Jim.

I havenā€™t said anything about what I think about Jimā€™s feelings regarding officiating. However, he has made his position clear and yet you still seem to be willfully misunderstanding him.

No misunderstanding. I simply donā€™t buy into the conspiracy. Heā€™s offered no proof, just observations and his interpretations. Thatā€™s the actual truth.

Heā€™s offered evidence. You refuse to counter his evidence. Your position so far has been simply to mock and intentionally misunderstand. While that is normal behavior for Democrats, I would expect better from someone who sees himself as a conservative.

LOL!!! Heā€™s offered opinion on observations. No faxes, emails, lettersā€¦

Just come out of the closet and change your name to Hillaryforpresident. I promise we wonā€™t mock you.

If you see someone get their brains blown out, and splattered all over do you need faxes, emails and letters to know they are dead? No wonder they call it La La land!

If you are going to promulgate a conspiracy theory, yes. You need proof, not opinions on observations.

I canā€™t personally say I have observed direct favoritism. However, I will say, referees can have a huge effect on momentum both intentionally and unintentionally. I have seen several calls and no-calls that have negatively affected BYU in WCC games. I have not observed enough WCC games not played by BYU to determine whether or not there is a bias for Gonzaga and thus against BYU. A reasonable person (anyone who is not a Hilary supporter) would acknowledge the possibility of bias. Which are you? (Iā€™m going with closet Hilary supporter)

The point is, there is no proof that referees intentionally fix games or purposely change momentum. If itā€™s unintentional, then there is no bias. Just poor work.
Anyone who knows me Iā€™m a die-hard conservative and vote Republican down the line.

To state that there is no proof is unreasonable. To state that you have seen no proof is more reasonable. I have also seen no proof. I have seen evidence as have you (if you were being reasonable). Does proof exist, Iā€™m pretty sure that neither of us have watched enough WCC basketball in order to make a fair judgement. The bottom line, just because your opinion on the evidence presented is different than someone elseā€™s does not mean that they are wrong. Insisting that this is the case only makes you an irritating idiot.

Thank you Richard.

Unfortunately I think these comments only serve to feed the beast. Everything you said is true. Unfortunately you donā€™t have any faxes or emails to prove it. The notion on grasshoppers part that this is a necessary requirement in order to ā€œproveā€ observation is ridiculous. He knows that will never happen and that is why he continues to insist on it.

His new name should be Korihor, because he seeks after a sign that is not necessary.

As to the proof required, it is based on observation. I have seen it happen in games that didnā€™t involve BYU and I have stated as much. It happened to Santa Clara a few years ago in the wcc tournament. It has happened to St. Maryā€™s. It has happened to BYU. My point of contention has always been that it happens when something important hangs in the balance. St. Maryā€™s was good enough to beat the Zags twiceā€¦ when it didnā€™t matter. BYU did it on the Zags home floorā€¦ when it didnā€™t matter. Both teams lost when it did matter and the evidence for how and why it happened was certainly there. My primary contention is based on the way the officials called the games, when certain fouls are called, mainly situational and circumstantial but always favoring the Zags. It absolutely happened in the tournament this year. Glenn outlined it clearly. The proof was not only observational, it was factualā€¦ one only needed to analyze the box score after watching the game. The facts proved the observations.

I canā€™t help that the grasshopper doesnā€™t see it or get it.

You just keep making my case. People are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. Pointing at referees as though they are intentionally helping another team win only looks like sour grapes. It doesnā€™t even warrant the complaint unless real tangible evidence of faxes, emails, recorded conversationsā€¦are facts. Iā€™ve watched lots of games and I just want someone to come forward and squeal. All these years and nothing but silenceā€¦

Jim, you are trying to prove your ability to read the minds of referees based on observations. Thatā€™s rediculous. You might as well call yourself the Holy Ghost.
I see bad calls and seemingly one sided called games. But, I have no proof and after all these years, someone would have leaked a conspiracy. But nothingā€¦