KC's Legacy? Where would you put him?

Doesn’t matter what you think the NBA is. The decision makers have all spoken. And, there seems to be a consensus he lacks something and most likely his defense. Just saying… But you want to go off on tangents instead of real ideas.

And it doesn’t matter what you think the NBA is either. We only have our opinions and that is mine. I was watching a bit of the game between Houston and Golden State and it was flat out ugly basketball. There was a lot of animosity between the players and teams, no sportsmanship whatsoever and a lot of bad play, missed shots, turnovers and just all around ugly basketball.

The worst thing about the NBA is the crappy attitudes and complete lack of any sportsmanship from any of the players. When did this become such a critical part of the game? Is it some kind of new rule the league has come up with? to act like a total jerk?

Do you honestly think trash talking and what you saw is anything new in the NBA? Sportsmanship? Bird, Jordan and the greats weren’t any different. You fall into that category of those who think the good old days were somehow different in sports. Nope.
While society in general has lost its soul of what is right and wrong, the NBA is much the same and actually has more direction of right and wrong on the court. Off the court they are getting dragged down by Satan as is society itself.
Curry is a big part of GS offense and when he’s back in the game will be different.

You’re joking right?

This is so far off track it isn’t even funny. The NBA has more direction of right and wrong on the court… LOL!

You are misunderstanding the difference between what goes on out on the court and how the players act. Yeah, back in the day they were VERY competitive, Magic and Bird went at it intensely, but at the end of the game they shook hands, smiled at one another and went at it again the next time. There was a respect that was genuine. The “respect” you see today is staged and phony, there is no show of sportsmanship at all and they act like idiots.

Your comment proves how hypocritical it all is. You can’t serve two masters grasshopper, you know that. They aren’t one way on the court and another off of it. If they are then it is phony. Curry being in or not is irrelevant to what I am saying… which is that in general the players are jerks and show no sportsmanship before , during or after the game. It just isn’t there.

The “respect” you see today is staged and phony, there is no show of sportsmanship at all and they act like idiots.

How do you know it’s phony? And how do you know Magic and Bird’s wasn’t phony. Such a mind reader. Funny how two players smile sometimes at each other and no one else ever did and the whole league in your eyes was goody two shoes.

C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S…

Sorry man, if you had the gift of discernment to the extent you claim to you would understand and know what I am talking about.

I’ll bet there are a lot of posters here who know EXACTLY what I am saying and that is good enough for me.

I don’t think there are many that would agree. Maybe only those who don’t like and never have liked the NBA :slight_smile:

Haha… good one.

Nah… most of the guys who post here regularly likely had an affinity for the nba at some point in their history but it has devolved over the years.

Sorry, the consensus is in and that’s the way it is.

I loved the NBA in the 60s through the mid seventies and then it turned into a league where teams full of goons mugged each other until Magic and Bird saved the league and it was a pleasure to watch NBA basketball again until the Laker and Celtic dynasties of the 80s faded. It has been tolerable off and on but mostly intolerable for the last 15-20 years. I enjoyed the Jazz of the Stockton and Malone years.

Spot on Reed. After Bird & Magic and Stockton & Malone days pretty much faded. I like Steph Curry and Rudy Gobert too. Too bad those four teams gone to waste on Jimmer. Jimmer can play no body given him a chance!

Agree Reed.

The bottom line reason a player like Jimmer doesn’t find a spot is because the league and the style of play they subscribe to now doesn’t fit his game. That is a key aspect of why I really don’t like watching the nba much. It is too much one on one stuff, isolate a player and watch him back the defender down or whatever other boring type of play is called.

Then there is the all too obvious favoritism shown the superstar players… as they are allowed to push other players away, travel and get away with every other type of violation so we can watch their greatness in action… and when they don’t get the expected whistle every time they touch the ball, they complain and gesture to no end. Even the league itself is issuing statements, post game now, pointing out the obvious in an effort to do what? admit the circus show is a sham?

The NBA has become one of the worst professional sports to watch…

Jim: Then there is the all too obvious favoritism shown the superstar players… as they are allowed to push other players away, travel and get away with every other type of violation so we can watch their greatness in action…
The NBA has become one of the worst professional sports to watch…"

And NCAA. You think Domantas Sabonis already practiced that during ncaa? How many steps he got with out getting any traveling call

I think Russell and Baylor would disagree with you…

■■■■ Namelka was a forward and his running mate was Jeff Condon, he was the guard. He hit the winning shot against Army to win the NIT. I like your list but I would include Jeff Condon. That is a great list.
Jeff

Consistently lazy passes and bad turnovers dommed him. I am not sure he can really develope that mid range at this point. That is a 10 years ago thing.
Jeff

OKC vs. DAL tonite…

watched the lowlights on sportscenter… ridiculous.

The nba is a farce.

Remember Wilt throwing Mel Counts 5 rows into the bleachers or grabbing Walt Hazzard and slinging him half court like a bowling ball? Many things much worse than what you saw tonight. You simply have selective memory :joy:

It’s different…

back then guys would go at it on the floor and then shake hands and they were men. In today’s game there is no respect for the opponent… just a bunch of vitriol and excuse making. Durrant got kicked out last night for a flagrant foul and said he texted the guy later and told him he was “trying to block the shot and stuff happens” and that is coming from one of the more “respected” players in the league.

Pure nonsense… and nothing but excuse making. It was clear what he was trying to do, there was no effort made to block the shot.

Don’t agree. Back in the days players rarely shook hands after a game. Like I said before, the past really wasn’t much different. Players got into fights but back then, you had to see Jabbar punch out Harriston cold before any ejection happens. Now days, an elbow is all it takes to get thrown out after replay.