KC's Legacy? Where would you put him?

He handled the ball too much. Too much dribbling. But when you have the ball most of the time you are also likely to have most of the turnovers too aka Kobe Bryant.

KC had a heck of a game the other night at the Portsmouth invitational.

They play again tonight at 7 pm MST on ESPN 3

Has to develop a shot…

KC is what, 25 years old now? When exactly is he going to “develop a shot”?

Sorry man, it isn’t going to happen.

KC works hard and takes care of his physical health. Those are the two things working in his advantage. The thing working against him is he can’t shoot the basketball, plain and simple. He has the potential to make a career for himself in Europe being a do it all workhorse but his inability to shoot the basketball is a deal breaker in so many ways. For the sheer number of rebounds he gets, he should be able to score more on follow shots or getting fouled and taking free throw attempts, but he struggles with those as well.

I wish him the best in his future, but it isn’t in the nba.

I didn’t put him in the same league… I was just explaining how circumstances can sometimes affect the outcomes, etc.

For instance, do people in the country of Syria have the same opportunities as we do? No, because their circumstances are different.

I don’t think opportunity is the difference between Jimmer and Curry. Curry has more quickness, plays better defense and can get his shot off anytime.

With that said, I agree that if a coach would play Jimmer a lot, he would do well on the league. Not sure if the team he’s on would win a lot of games though.

I said it once and I’ll say it again. I AM NOT COMPARING JIMMER AND STEPH CURRY !!! Curry has proven that he is a mvp and has won a title now.

I know that there is a 50-50 chance you will reply with some comment that assumes I am comparing them… again.

And here we go with another LOL moment… as immediately after saying that opportunity is not the difference, you say this -

Isn’t that sort of the same thing as getting an opportunity? The opportunity to play a lot possibly resulting in doing well?

I’m confused.

Yes, if he plays more and consistantly, he would improve in all aspects of the game. But, he wouldn’t be at Curry’s level. If he could get 7 - 10 assists a game and average 15 points he would be a good role player for any team.

I should have given it a 99% chance, 50-50 was way too optimistic.

All I have to say about Jimmer is that every time I watch highlights of his college games and watch him school everybody he played against it is a total travesty that he hasn’t been given an opportunity to play consistent minutes in the NBA. It is a myth that he is too slow and not athletic enough. That has been debunked by his pre-NBA workouts. Saying he is slow and not athletic is code for saying he is white and white guys are slow and not athletic so therefore Jimmer must be slow and not athletic therefore he is only good for spot play when a team needs a three. If he misses two shots then it is back to the bench where he belongs in order to let allegedly more athletic players play the major minutes and go one on one and shoot 9 out of 30, turn the ball over 5 times a game, and don’t play defense, not because they aren’t athletic enough but because they choose not to. These second rate guards keeping Jimmer on the bench are on pathetic teams that are self loathing chronic losers (New York, Sacramento, New Orleans) who are coached by losers.

As sad as it sounds, you make total sense with your commentary. Be careful as the grasshopper will claim you are trying to compare Jimmer to Steph Curry or Lebron James or someone else.

This is one of the reasons I don’t watch much nba anymore. I don’t really enjoy the brand of basketball they promote or play…

Meh…the race card is moot. There are plenty of white players in the league. I agree he should get a better chance. But, not even Ainge at Boston is willing to give him a shot.

Not really…

what, you subscribe to the notion that racism only goes one way? I believe that racism isn’t restricted to one color or that even one color is against another color. There are plenty of white racists who are against white and the same with blacks against blacks…

We live in a pretty weird society and world right now.

Wow! You got really off track. I was pointing out there white players in the league that can compete with the elite black players. There has to be a reason why Jimmer isn’t one of them. Danny Ainge isn’t picking him up either. So, it’s not a Mormon thing either.

Yeah… but you haven’t proposed one so what’s the point.

I think it’s obvious as the big nose on your face :wink:

He doesn’t have the full package NBA general managers and coaches are looking for.

I’m going to say something very unpopular here… I think the reason that Jimmer has not found a place in the NBA is that Jimmer’s game is, give him the ball and he takes over the game by either putting up a three or taking it to the hoop. In order for his game to work, he needs to be the complete focus of the offense. That style works well when you are surrounded by a bunch of two and three star players. It does not work when you are surrounded by NBA talent on all sides. In the NBA, everyone is capable of being the focus of the offense. Jimmer is not a role player. He has to be the focus. After all, he is THE Jimmer.

The nba is a circus show… what they really want are guys that fly around on a trapeze or bounce of a trampoline and soar through the air for dunks, blocked shots and ankle breaking moves… all the while violating almost every rule regarding travelling, carrying the ball and others.

It is a circus… maybe if he put on a clown hat or rode around on a unicycle it would help him… there are plenty of freak show types already there and lots of fringe type personalities that don’t contribute much to the team, instead feeding off of their unique “qualities” or personalities for popularity.

Jim,

You nailed it. This time of year I watch the Stanley Cup hockey playoffs. It is much better than watching the NBA. Most of the NHL guys aren’t hot dogs and actually try to fit into a team concept. It is a fast physical game and when it is all over there is the great tradition of the handshake line at the end of every series. It is a show of sportsmanship and respect, two things in very short supply in the NBA. I’ll put a hockey player’s skills against a basketball player’s any day of the week and you don’t have to endure the hot dogging after every goal that you have to endure after every dunk that occurs only about 40 times in a typical NBA game, yawn!!!

Rblack has a point. Jimmer needs the ball and most of those NBA guys won’t give it up. However I don’t agree that a point guard who shoots a lot can’t play in the NBA. Jerry West was a point guard who was a high volume shooter and he played with several other stars. I think Jimmer could excel given the right situation.

I agree to a certain point. That’s why Ainge played as much as he did. He knew to throw the ball to Bird and McCale. And, he knew when to shoot. But, he also played good defense as well.